OT- Conference Championships / pick'em [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OT- Conference Championships / pick'em

3-LockBox
01-20-2008, 12:00 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I think the Giants 'D' can hold their own with anybody versus the run and disrupting the passing game, but their secondary is just so-so. Eloi Manning might have looked OK for the last 3 or 4 games, but I think in the end, Eli Manning won't be able to help but be, Eli Manning.

That is not to say that Brett Farve can't stink up a joint with the best of them in the playoffs (Kelly, Marino, Elway). He may even be overdue for one of his attrocious 5-interception games that he usually has at least twice a year previously.

Amazing the hyperbole that's flying around in the media concerning GB and NY: Green Bay now has a big running attack because they ran all over the porous Seahawk run-defense; and Eli is the second coming because he hasn't sucked - he's managed to string together 3 consecutive decent games.

The Giant's recievers have dropped good passes all year, averaging around two or three drive ending drops per game, and they do that in ideal playing conditions. Green Bay should win in a nail biter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In order for the Chargers to beat the Pats, they'll need their best effort and they don't even have their best players, or if they do, they won't be 100%. Even if the Chargers can sack-up for a half, no team is better this year at second half adjustments. The Pats will pull away in the 3rd, even if San Diego isn't as dinged up as they say they are.

The Patriots would have to sh!t the bed in a major way to not finish the season 19-0.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Troy
01-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Favre and his rac-happy receivers will shred the depleted Gint 2ndary. Ex-niner bum McQuarters is toast. Eli will show once again that he can't play in weather. He'll get the shivers and curl into a fetal position in the backfield. 42-7

Chargers don't stand much of a chance with LT and Rivers playing at 100%, without them? It's so over. With those guys playing 100% healthy: 31-17. If they don't play: 56-3.

Wake me if I'm wrong, because frankly, nothing would make me happier than to watch a couple of great games. But I'm prepared for a pair of blowouts.

Rich-n-Texas
01-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Welp, I'm disappointed. No offence GM, but IMO the Giants don't deserve to go to the Superbowl. Both the Cowboys and Packers had better seasons, but more importantly, better QB's. Nevertheless, I think that an NFC east team is definately capable of beating the Pats, and I just hope the Giants D will be hitting on all eight when the time comes.

3-LockBox
01-20-2008, 07:51 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Well, I was close. It was a tight game, but in the end it was frikkin Brett Favre who looked like he was not handling the cold weather; he played like crap in the 4th. I'll go so far as to say that if the Giants' recievers don't drop so many passes, the game isn't as close as it was. But they can't afford to be so sloppy playing the Pats, cuz the Pats will make them pay.

Should be a good game. I wasn't one way or another about who would play the Pats in the SB. But in a way, I was tired of hearing about this country's love affair with Bret Favre. Other than two Superbowl runs, the man has managed to look like crap in a large percentage of his playoff appearences. This is what he gets for mispronouncing his own last name ( I knew a guy in the Navy who was from the south and spelled his last name the same way but pronounced it 'favor').
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>