12AX7M is back in stock... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 12AX7M is back in stock...

jrhymeammo
01-19-2008, 06:49 PM
For those who care, GT-12AX7M is back in stock at Upscale. I snagged 3 in platinum grade.

They are always out of stock, aren't they?
If they are so damn hard to keep in stock, I imagine platinum grades pop up on extreme occasions only....:idea:
I hope Kevin received a good batch this time around.

Anyhow, just happened to have $100 to piss away and they were in stock. I can't wait to hear what all the fuss is about on GT-M.

Any thoughts?

JRA

jrhymeammo
02-02-2008, 12:18 PM
I gotta tell ya, this has been the hottest thread since, "Who Farted"

Since I've had millions of PM about how 12AX7M sounds in my phono stage, I decided to tell everyone a bit here. I believe AR server had crashed due to overwhelming numbers of messages.

The beiggest difference I've heard is how much quiter my noisefloor became.

Whenever people try new stuff, everyone always claim to hear great difference/improvement in sound, and I never believe them.
But believe me my friends, I will NOT be changing out my phono stage, unless I come across a good deal on some Aesthetixs.
Nice to know I didnt have to save $3K+ for some used phono stage. When was the last time you guys changed out your signal tubes?

JRA

JohnMichael
02-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I gotta tell ya, this has been the hottest thread since, "Who Farted"

Since I've had millions of PM about how 12AX7M sounds in my phono stage, I decided to tell everyone a bit here. I believe AR server had crashed due to overwhelming numbers of messages.

The beiggest difference I've heard is how much quiter my noisefloor became.

Whenever people try new stuff, everyone always claim to hear great difference/improvement in sound, and I never believe them.
But believe me my friends, I will NOT be changing out my phono stage, unless I come across a good deal on some Aesthetixs.
Nice to know I didnt have to save $3K+ for some used phono stage. When was the last time you guys changed out your signal tubes?

JRA

Glad you like the improvement. When I change things I hear a difference but later I might realize I do not hear an improvement. Have you tried the Hi Fi tuning fuses yet? They are sweet. If I ever buy anything that takes tubes I will keep this thread in mind. I am loving the SA8001 by the way. Still no tubes.

jrhymeammo
02-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Glad you like the improvement. When I change things I hear a difference but later I might realize I do not hear an improvement. .

Of course, John. I mean who in the right mind would own a same REGA deck for nearly 10 years and not modify it?

As for HIFi tuning fuses, I might actually try it in my VTL and BAT. If I hear no improvement, then I will then official talk ShJt about it. Until then, "Way to go JM!!!