Yahmaha YSP-800 and home theater question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yahmaha YSP-800 and home theater question

uber44
01-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Hello,
iI have an hdmi tv and dvd, and want to use my av marantz 6100 reciver to feed the sound to my yahmaha ysp-800 sound projector so i can have optimal connections, and the ysp-800 only as the speaker. Can i just set it up so the dvd, and cable box hdmi connections are attached to the revicer and the reciver then sends the sound to the ysp-800? Is it possible to have all sound (sonos system, hdtv, dvd, to all be played throught the sound projector and not through my pioneer tv? Do i need to buy the ysp-4000 and ditch my reciver.
Detailed descrption of which cables to hookup and all the seetingswould be much appreciated.

bobsticks
01-16-2008, 04:46 PM
. Can i just set it up so the dvd, and cable box hdmi connections are attached to the revicer and the reciver then sends the sound to the ysp-800? Is it possible to have all sound (sonos system, hdtv, dvd, to all be played throught the sound projector and not through my pioneer tv? Do i need to buy the ysp-4000 and ditch my reciver.

Does your receiver have an optical or coaxial out? For that matter, does it have an hdmi in? It sounds as if, should you have a digital out on the receiver you could use it as a switching device and send the signal from that to the Yammie.

Check out this review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R5QK0P08N9207

uber44
01-16-2008, 05:32 PM
thanks for the reply,
yes it has more than one of each of these inputs, its a marantz 6100sr receiver. what are the best cables to use and how to i do this optimally and have the sound through the ysp rather then the TV?
thanks iam obviously a novice and am totally consumed wtih getting this working