Do You See It??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do You See It???

J*E*Cole
01-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Quirky question here, but those of you familiar with or if not, look them up on the web at www.HansenAudio.com, speakers, particularly their version called "The King V2". I think it looks like Elvis Presley, somehow, yet it's hard to explain how it looks like him, it just does. Kind of like a certain stance he would take on stage, i dunno... But do any of you folks see the resemblance? I showed a couple friends the picture without the name, and they didn't see it. If you see it, how would you explain it. It's a speaker, but it looks like Elvis. This may be utterly obvious, but I guess that's why they call it the King... Eh?

kexodusc
01-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah, it's the big bloated lower midsection and slouched back...
They must have been aiming to capture the essence of "old Elvis"

Feanor
01-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Quirky question here, but those of you familiar with or if not, look them up on the web at www.HansenAudio.com (http://www.HansenAudio.com), speakers, particularly their version called "The King V2"..... But do any of you folks see the resemblance? ... it looks like Elvis. This may be utterly obvious, but I guess that's why they call it the King... Eh?

No, my guess it's the other way around, viz. the name made you think of Presley.

Then again I was never charmed by Elvis even though he was in his heyday when I was in highschool. (I'm really very old.)

audiofreeq
01-16-2008, 11:20 AM
hello to all ,im new on here just got a laptop,never had a computer before so im still learning, oh iv seen some realy nice kit from various people on here, its nice to know im not the only one bitten by the bug.

Vardo
01-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Definately looks like Elvis when he was on the decline (hunched over,
bloated, and overweight).....my wife and I saw Elvis live at the Forum in
Inglewood, Calif shortly before his death. Man he looked bad, I don't
think he hardly sang much at all because of all the screeming ladies were
making so much noise you could barely hear his voice.....very sad.