Can't control receiver volume [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can't control receiver volume

RickyZoo
01-13-2008, 06:06 PM
So I just got a new Samsung LNT4671F and it's great, but for some reason I can't get it to work with my NAD receiver the way my old tv did. The receiver was working fine with my last regular tube tv, and I literally just took the rca's out of the back of that tv and stuck them in the back of the Samsung without moving the connection on the NAD receiver at all. Also, with my old TV, I didn't even have to turn the receiver on, the sound just came out of the speakers.

Now I have the RCA's coming out of the left and right outs of the TV and going to the main in's on the back of the receiver. The sound comes out UNBELIEVABLY loud and and you can't control the volume on the receiver, receiver remote, tv volume, or cable volume. It's crazy. I tried using every other in on the back of the receiver, and every rca input and output on the tv. I've also played with the tv's settings and nothing.

I also tried going from the audio outs on the tv to the cd, dvd, tape 1, and tape 2 inputs and then i chained the pre into the main in on the receiver and the sounds comes out really soft and distored.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide!