Satalite and speakers dialog [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Satalite and speakers dialog

Dharris
01-12-2008, 10:15 AM
What would cause the dialog from sat TV and the speakers not to match? When a person on the screen is speaking, sometimes the audio does not match up with the screen.

Thank you,
Don

Luvin Da Blues
01-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Unless you have your center speaker is miles away from your mains I would say it's in the source. I notice this sometimes on broadcast signals. Have you played with the center channel delay?

Dharris
01-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Unless you have your center speaker is miles away from your mains I would say it's in the source. I notice this sometimes on broadcast signals. Have you played with the center channel delay?

I have not played with the CC delay at all. My setup is your std speaker placement for a 52" wall unit config.

Luvin Da Blues
01-12-2008, 12:51 PM
How out of sinc is it?

basite
01-12-2008, 12:53 PM
are you connecting the cable box with a toslink cable?

and, as LDB pointed out, you could play with the delay...

Dharris
01-12-2008, 06:31 PM
If I remember correctly, it is a tos link. Why? This does not happen everynight, just once and a while.

Luvin Da Blues
01-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Does this happen during all shows or just certain shows ie; when it happens and you change channels does the new channel sinc properly? If so I say it's in the broadcast feed and not your equipment.

Dharris
01-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Does this happen during all shows or just certain shows ie; when it happens and you change channels does the new channel sinc properly? If so I say it's in the broadcast feed and not your equipment.

If so, then how do I correct this problem. I don't have cable TV as mentioned in another post. I have Dish Network HD service as stated in my sig.

Thank you for the help.

Luvin Da Blues
01-12-2008, 09:01 PM
If so, then how do I correct this problem. I don't have cable TV as mentioned in another post. I have Dish Network HD service as stated in my sig.

Thank you for the help.

Sorry, I guess I misspoke when I said broadcast, should of said Sat Feed. I have the same problem with cable HD. I can offer no solutions other than, either live with it or not watch that show??? Not very helpful eh.

I know it's very distracting, especially when watching concerts etc.

Dharris
01-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Sorry, I guess I misspoke when I said broadcast, should of said Sat Feed. I have the same problem with cable HD. I can offer no solutions other than, either live with it or not watch that show??? Not very helpful eh.

I know it's very distracting, especially when watching concerts etc.

Actually it was Basite who said cable box. Anyone who helps in aswering a question, is a help to me.

Thanks guys for the help,
Don