Happy, happy, happy...... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Happy, happy, happy......

Bernd
01-12-2008, 06:26 AM
......is me. What with all the heavy discussions about rip off and the death off high end, I would like to share with you that I am very happy with my rig and enjoying a day of tunes. On top of that I have the house to myself, the dogs are sleeping and the system has never sounded better.:23: :3: :1: :8:

Have a good weekend all.

Peace

:7:

jrhymeammo
01-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Com'on B. That's easy for you to say with your new toy. Hehehe

This morning, I have truly accepted that my system sounds like crap. So there was nothing else to do but to listen to music instead of noise.

What makes music and this hobby great is that we all have our own preferences.

Happy Listening to all,

basite
01-12-2008, 07:51 AM
lucky you :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

JohnMichael
01-12-2008, 08:13 AM
I am glad all is well, peaceful and sounding good. I am also enjoying music with a higher level of resolution. As distortions and colorations have been removed the music is wonderful.

Bernd
01-12-2008, 08:35 AM
This morning, I have truly accepted that my system sounds like crap. So there was nothing else to do but to listen to music instead of noise.

Happy Listening to all,

Hiro, there is nothing wrong with that realisation. I have been there. Sometimes you have to take a step back to move two forward. Just learn from it.
Certain presentations are just not for everybody.
Good luck with putting it right. And if you want a report on the 6c33 amps let me know.
Don't let it spoil your weekend.
Hang loose.

Peace

:16:

Bernd
01-12-2008, 08:44 AM
I am glad all is well, peaceful and sounding good. I am also enjoying music with a higher level of resolution. As distortions and colorations have been removed the music is wonderful.

That's great to hear John. Did the Onkyo made that much of a difference, or have you been secretly changing and/or improving things? Do tell!!!!
Clarity is the key, don't you think?

Have a good weekend

Peace

JohnMichael
01-12-2008, 09:10 AM
That's great to hear John. Did the Onkyo made that much of a difference, or have you been secretly changing and/or improving things? Do tell!!!!
Clarity is the key, don't you think?

Have a good weekend

Peace

First there was the Onkyo A9555 and it brought a new clarity to my system. With it I enjoyed better soundstaging and less congestion with complicated music. The greatest attribute seems to be it's excellent pace and timing. I had not realized how much easier reproduced music was to enjoy when the notes were happening when they should. Timing with the CA 640 original was not what it might have been.

Then of course came my desire for new speakers. The Ascends were nice speakers but more forward then I like. I had always liked what I read about the Mobile Fidelity OML 1's and noticed that they were being discontinued at a good price. I thought what the heck let me try a pair. They are what I was looking for in a pair of speakers. As detailed as the Ascends but not as forward. Two very good drivers in a solid stand mount enclosure and also beautiful to me. Very natural sounding. One thing that surprised me was they sounded bad with the Alpha Core speaker cables which worked with the Ascends and the NHT SuperOnes. Now I have a bi wired pair of AQ Slate cables and all is well.

With this greater resolving power I began to hear the limitations of my Marantz CD5001 which for the money is a good cd player. I wanted better cd palyback and luckily I listened to our good friend Bobsticks who helped me realize I might regret not having SACD capability. I did not want to but a cd/sacd player where the cd performance was only marginally better then the CD5001. Well I took a chance with the Marantz SA8001 and during this initial time with it the cd playback is several levels above the CD5001. Of course sacd playback is wonderful and of course more sacd's must be purchased. I have been pleased with the bass extension, dynamics and drive to the music. Of course as you know it still is not vinyl but immensely enjoyable with no apparent listening fatigue.

It is a pleasureable adjustment from listening to colored music to music that is more colorful and accurate.

Feanor
01-12-2008, 09:42 AM
......is me. What with all the heavy discussions about rip off and the death off high end, I would like to share with you that I am very happy with my rig and enjoying a day of tunes. On top of that I have the house to myself, the dogs are sleeping and the system has never sounded better.:23: :3: :1: :8:

Have a good weekend all.

Peace

:7:

And thanks.

My system delivers a lot of listening satisfaction to me, despite being much, much less auspicious. And despite a quite different technological and ergonomic orientation.

In my case, relatively low efficiency planar speakers; solid state amps, and digital sources. Slack as I am, clicking in a couple of hours of music in a play list beats the fiddling with LPs. But, then again many people really do enjoy the latter -- enjoy :22:

jrhymeammo
01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Decided to give myself a day off this weekend. Maybe I'll update my resume today...

Hang loose.

I would love to hear your impression of that particular amp.
Does your friend have them matched with a pair of Aria horn?

I think a used BAT VK55 will do fine my Taylo Reference Monitor. But who knows, maybe my existing amp will work just fine.

Have a great weekend to all,

Luvin Da Blues
01-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Have a great weekend to all,

You to Kazoo. If you wanna really stretch the boundaries, try the left side of the couch this WE.

jrhymeammo
01-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Now, that's just insane.

Hey LDB, how is your TT with RB250?

Luvin Da Blues
01-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Now, that's just insane.

Hey LDB, how is your TT with RB250?

What can I say...audio bliss. Just waiting for the Michell TechnoWeight to show up (thanks JM) so I can take it to the next level.

Luvin Da Blues
01-12-2008, 12:21 PM
And thanks for askin'.

basite
01-12-2008, 12:57 PM
let us know how you like it LDB :)

also let us know how you like your new gear Hiro, when it arrives :)

oh, and we want pics :ihih:

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

jrhymeammo
01-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Bert,

I'm 100% positive that I'm the only AR member who does not own a camera. I did get speaker stands, and they are sitting(eagerly) next to my Maggies.

You wan pics? Here you go:

http://common.csnstores.com/common/products/BB/BB0023_m.jpg