best buy rant on blue ray discs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : best buy rant on blue ray discs

jamison
01-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Is it just me or is Best Buy raping people on their pricing of their blue ray discs? i went in the other day while my friend was getting something at krogers.. i went and looked at their blue ray selection OMFG. whats with the overpriced dics? they had david attenboroughs planet earth listed at $99.99. i bought my copy on amazon.com for $65 with free shipping. then of course i saw it at walmart for $58.95. I can understand they have more overhead but thats $35 dollars more for the same thing?
needless to say i was shocked. if it was 10 or 15 dollars difference i might understand.

L.J.
01-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Right now you gotta be patient and wait for the bargains. They have had several buy 1 get 1 free sales recently. One is coming up for BR next week. I bargain hunt. And if I can't find it cheap, I rent it on netflix and wait for it to go on sale.

If you check out the bargains thread link in my sig, there's a $20 off coupon for BB. Amazon is also having a huge sale on BR right now. Also ToyRus is having a buy 1 get 1 on select titles.

s dog
01-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Is it just me or is Best Buy raping people on their pricing of their blue ray discs? i went in the other day while my friend was getting something at krogers.. i went and looked at their blue ray selection OMFG. whats with the overpriced dics? they had david attenboroughs planet earth listed at $99.99. i bought my copy on amazon.com for $65 with free shipping. then of course i saw it at walmart for $58.95. I can understand they have more overhead but thats $35 dollars more for the same thing?
needless to say i was shocked. if it was 10 or 15 dollars difference i might understand. I noticed that the other day when i was at best buy looking for movies and cds. The cheapest movie i found was $30.00.

Mr Peabody
01-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Same here, when I first started looking for BR discs BB was $30.00 and up. I thought I'd just be renting for a while until I found Amazon sold the same movies for $21.95. It pretty much voids BB's buy 1 get 1 deal when they are so much higher than everyone else. I noticed Circuit City is the same way.

jamison
01-13-2008, 06:24 PM
My thinking is best buy and circuit city are counting on the fact that people arent going to reseach prices on this stuff and will buy on impulse..

sorry but 5 blue ray dvds at $30 min = $150 plus a gallon or so of gas to get there. amazon i can get almost 7 for the same price and they are deliverd to my doorstep in 3 days with free shipping.

pixelthis
01-14-2008, 12:43 AM
My thinking is best buy and circuit city are counting on the fact that people arent going to reseach prices on this stuff and will buy on impulse..

sorry but 5 blue ray dvds at $30 min = $150 plus a gallon or so of gas to get there. amazon i can get almost 7 for the same price and they are deliverd to my doorstep in 3 days with free shipping.

It is called the free market, if you dont like it nobodies twisting your arm and forcing you to do business with them, tell em to stick it:thumbsup: