Holiday time [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Holiday time

Mike
01-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Holiday time is a good time for doing the things that you never normally have time to do.

First up for me was watching a documentary I recorded a while ago by the BBC about the rise and decline of Laurel Canyon in the late 60’s early 70’s. Features some snippets of great performances by Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Jackson Browne, Crosby Stills and early Eagles with JD Souther. Plus interviews with most stars of the time including David Geffen and photographer Henry Diltz. A friend of mine has just bought the Diltz book ‘California Dreaming’ all about Laurel Canyon. He paid a fortune for the limited edition version signed by Crosby and Stills etc but it’s very nice to have.

And finally got around to loading the 2005 double live album Cream at the Royal Albert Hall to my Ipod. I realised it was the only way I was only ever going to listen to it in it’s entirety, wow what a treat, great sonics and musicianship throughout. Clapton in particular has such a sweet guitar sound and so nice to hear bass and drums so forward in the mix. I never heard Cream the first time around but probably one of the few occasions when a supergroup can get together again and still cut it.

But sadly didn’t get time to finish my year end mix….

You do anything over Xmas/New Year you’ve wanted to do for a while?

Cheers
Mike

Bernd
01-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Mike,

A belated happy 2008 to you.

Nice post. I got for my birthday (in June) Bob Dylans Rolling Thunder Revue Box set and only during the x-mas break did I listen to the whole set. Wonderful.
I also watched the complete Twin Peaks Series and the little known Len Deighton mini series called Game, Set and Match which did show once on Granada, never to be seen again. It was filmed in my birthplace and I had to get this copy from a guy in Oz.
So a real memory lane trip, but very enjoyable.
Hope you're alright.

Peace

:16: