Sanford&Son Favorite Episodes. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sanford&Son Favorite Episodes.

Smokey
01-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Sanford and son is one of my favorite show and have all of episodes on DVD. There are alot of favorite episodes, so was hard to narrow it down. How about you?

Not in any particular order:

Coffins For Sale: Lamont bought two coffins, and had to sleep with them in the house. This is where the show really start taking off.
**Quotes: Lamont was telling Fred the benefit of going into coffin business. So Fred said to him:”You don’t sound like no son of mine. You sound like Son of Frankenstein.”

Engagement: Fred and Donna decide to get married, but Lamont object. So he invite Aunt Esther and family to the wedding, and all of hell break loose.
**Quotes: Fred was mad at Lamont for messing up his wedding. So as he was walking upstairs to Lamont’s room carrying the weding cake as to shove it down his throat, he said to himself: “Lamont don’t know that he is about to star in another version of Deep Throat.”

Mama’s baby, Papa’s Maybe: This is the first episode where the “N” word was used, and it brought down the house. One of the best episode.
**Quotes: Grip to Ester:" As I told Fred, Lamont is my Son". Ester turned to him and said: "What did you say Nig*er"

Sergeant Gork: Fred takes on Patton and WWII.
**Quotes: As Fred prepare to take his troops on the mission, he asked each one of them as to what are their expertise. The ugly lady came forward and said;”I am the love interest” and Fred said: “Deputy Dog isn’t in this fight”

Honorable mention:The Merger......Sanford and Julio decide to merge the business and make a commercial.
**Quotes: As a business partner, Fred told Julio “When I sell something for 2-o, I want you put it down on the receipt as 1-o. So the tax man get zero!”

http://images.art.com/images/-/Sanford-Son-Photograph-C10111000.jpeg

Here is list of episodes from each season:

http://www.tv.com/sanford-and-son/show/809/episode.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabssh&tag=tabs;episodes

Luvin Da Blues
01-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I used to love that show back in the day. I don't remember specific episodes but the
'Mama’s baby, Papa’s Maybe" rings a bell. Great stuff :cornut:

Smokey
01-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I used to love that show back in the day. I don't remember specific episodes but the 'Mama’s baby, Papa’s Maybe" rings a bell. Great stuff :cornut:

They sure don't make shows like that any more. Even Richard Pryor wrote the script for couple of episodes.

Worf101
01-11-2008, 09:34 AM
My fave episode is the one where Freds wants to fly a particular airline because the stewardess are so hot. When he gets on the plane he discovers that his "fly me honey" isn't as attractive as he'd like and goes into a fit of hysterics!!! Very politically incorrect. But funneeee I think the episode was called "Superflyer".

Da Worfster

GMichael
01-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Oh man I used to love this show. Red Fox used to kill me with his colorful remarks. He never held back what was on his mind. Wish I could have been more like him. I still use his "I'm coming to join you honey" line now and then.
"Lamont! You big dummy!"'
"Keep that up and I'll pop you right in the mouth."
Great stuff......

O'Shag
01-11-2008, 10:16 AM
You guys may or may not know that the show Sanford & Son is based on a British sitcom from the late '60s early '70s. The producers paid for rights to produce the show for American television from the BBC or was it ITV Granada? The show was called Steptoe & Son. Same premise - junk dealers etc. Several American sitcoms can trace their roots to British sitcoms. The show Three's Company for example comes from the British sitcom Robin's Nest (I love the show Three's Company by the way).

Definitely worth your while either to go to a British store that rents out videos to check out Steptoe & Son - or even order it online, its well worth it. It is beyond hilarious. The characters are the virtually the same - the old Dad and his Son. In this case, if I remember correctly, they are from London.

Smokey
01-11-2008, 08:11 PM
My fave episode is the one where Freds wants to fly a particular airline because the stewardess are so hot. When he gets on the plane he discovers that his "fly me honey" isn't as attractive as he'd like and goes into a fit of hysterics!!! Very politically incorrect.

Oh man, that was hilarious...."Hi, I'm Jackie. Fly me to St. Louis!" Also the same person who played stewardess Jackie, turned up in later episode as Grady's fiance.

Several American sitcoms can trace their roots to British sitcoms. The show Three's Company for example comes from the British sitcom Robin's Nest (I love the show Three's Company by the way).

I also love that show, but I thought it was based on British sitcom Man About the House. Have to check into that.

Love to get my hand on Steptoe & Son show as I have never seen it. And what is available on line is in region 2 only and kind of pricey.

3-LockBox
01-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Coffins For Sale: Lamont bought two coffins, and had to sleep with them in the house. This is where the show really start taking off.
**Quotes: Lamont was telling Fred the benefit of going into coffin business. So Fred said to him:”You don’t sound like no son of mine. You sound like Son of Frankenstein.”

My fave quote from that episode: Fred refuses to sleep in the house with the coffins, so he slept in the bed of the truck. Lamont, who was feeling uneasy sleeping in the house alone with the coffins, kept coming up with excuses to bother Fred. One instance, Lamont shakes Fred awake and asks, "Hey Pop...you asleep? to which a aggitated Fred responds, "No, I'm checking my eyelids for cracks". :lol: (I still use that one from time to time).

O'Shag
01-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Smokey,

You have to get Steptoe & Son. Pour a glass, sit back and watch. But don;t hold your glass too long because you'll spill the contents from laughin' so much. The Dad, a little old Irish guy, is hilarius!