The things you find in the strangest of places... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The things you find in the strangest of places...

lawman
01-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Hello All! First, a very Happy New Year to all of you! Hope 2008 is a wonderful year.

So, an interesting thing happened to me and I thought you guys might enjoy it. I was backpacking through Northern Mexico over the last couple of weeks. Around New Years I was in Guanajuato, which is about 5 hours away from Mexico City. Its a beautiful old colonial city which has been beautifully preserved (could be rural Spain for all you know). Anyways, I was sitting in a bar enjoying some music when I thought to myself "Hmmm...the sound is excellent. Wonder what kind of equipment they're running." Anyways, I look around the room and to my amazement I spot what looks like a vintage Marantz quietly sitting in the corner. Go up to check it out and sure enough its an old 2250B receiver. It was in decent enough condition (the dials were lit up but weren't working).

Was in half a mind to offer the bar owner money for it right then and there, if for no other reason than the story of how I got it would have been waaay too cool! :cornut:

Later. :0:

frenchmon
01-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Hello All! First, a very Happy New Year to all of you! Hope 2008 is a wonderful year.

So, an interesting thing happened to me and I thought you guys might enjoy it. I was backpacking through Northern Mexico over the last couple of weeks. Around New Years I was in Guanajuato, which is about 5 hours away from Mexico City. Its a beautiful old colonial city which has been beautifully preserved (could be rural Spain for all you know). Anyways, I was sitting in a bar enjoying some music when I thought to myself "Hmmm...the sound is excellent. Wonder what kind of equipment they're running." Anyways, I look around the room and to my amazement I spot what looks like a vintage Marantz quietly sitting in the corner. Go up to check it out and sure enough its an old 2250B receiver. It was in decent enough condition (the dials were lit up but weren't working).

Was in half a mind to offer the bar owner money for it right then and there, if for no other reason than the story of how I got it would have been waaay too cool! :cornut:

Later. :0:

lol! I think I would have offered money for it...you never know, you might have got it for little or nothing.

frenchmon