INFO on AR Turntable [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : INFO on AR Turntable

russm535il
01-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I have a 35 year old all manual AR turntable which I purchased while in college.

I have been listening to CD's for years and I never use the AR. Its in excellent shape.

Is there any market for it on ebay - or should I keep it - does it compare sonically with new equipt. or is it a museum piece ?

Thanks for your input !

Russ DeJulio
Pittsburgh,PA
RUSSM535IL@AOL.COM

Current system Cambridge integrated amp 640A v2 , NAD CD player C525 BEE and Dahlquist monitor speakers ( purchased in 1991 - great speakers ! )

JohnMichael
01-07-2008, 02:35 PM
I have a 35 year old all manual AR turntable which I purchased while in college.

I have been listening to CD's for years and I never use the AR. Its in excellent shape.

Is there any market for it on ebay - or should I keep it - does it compare sonically with new equipt. or is it a museum piece ?

Thanks for your input !

Russ DeJulio
Pittsburgh,PA
RUSSM535IL@AOL.COM

Current system Cambridge integrated amp 640A v2 , NAD CD player C525 BEE and Dahlquist monitor speakers ( purchased in 1991 - great speakers ! )

Russ is your ttable one of the original with the S shaped tonearm? AR reintroduced a turntable based on the original that was prettier and had a straight tonearm. Both are sought by collectors and there is a site for AR tables. If you are not going to use it I am sure it would be of interest to someone.

russm535il
01-07-2008, 08:24 PM
John

Thanks for the information !

Do you have the address for the AR site ? I would like to find out more about the unit -

It has a straight tone arm with a brass weight on the end. I also have the original plastic set of weights to measure the weight of the stylis on the record. I need to order a new rubber pully to connect the turntable with the motor . Regards, Russ DeJulio