Recent Rentals and Flickage.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recent Rentals and Flickage....

Worf101
01-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Been doing some "catch up" on flicks got some short short reviews.

1. "I am legend" - C - I was not engaged or entertained. Zombies were CGI and looked every inch of it. I didn't care about him, the girl or the boy. Did like the dog though.

2. "Spiderman 3" - B Minus - Third time was NOT the charm for htis series. The managed to give us less with more. Sick of the Soap Opera Bullchit between her and him. Urrgh.

3. "Bourne Ultimatum" - C - Same as with Spidey above. Been there done that and not really engaged, not really concerned. Yawn, it's an hour and a half into the flick, must be time for a car chase.

4. "SkinWalkers" - B - Good popcorn munching werewolf movie with some good twists in the end. Worth suspending belief for.

5. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" - C-Minus - Man I'm so done with this series. I don't know what Ms. Rowlings has left to say anymore, but I sure wish she go ahead nd say it. Harry and friends are too old, to squirrely and uninteresting for me to sit through another one of these flicks. God I hated it.

Da Worfster

Troy
01-04-2008, 10:51 AM
I liked "I Am Legend" more than you, but I'm such a geek for that whole "last man on earth" scenario because of my urban exploration background. I found the first 2/3 of this one to be engaging. I loved the look and feel of NYC abandoned for 3 years. Once the woman and kid showed up the whole thing fell apart and the ending was incredibly pollyana-ish and just downright stupid.

JSE
01-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Been doing some "catch up" on flicks got some short short reviews.

1. "I am legend" - C - I was not engaged or entertained. Zombies were CGI and looked every inch of it. I didn't care about him, the girl or the boy. Did like the dog though.

2. "Spiderman 3" - B Minus - Third time was NOT the charm for htis series. The managed to give us less with more. Sick of the Soap Opera Bullchit between her and him. Urrgh.

3. "Bourne Ultimatum" - C - Same as with Spidey above. Been there done that and not really engaged, not really concerned. Yawn, it's an hour and a half into the flick, must be time for a car chase.

4. "SkinWalkers" - B - Good popcorn munching werewolf movie with some good twists in the end. Worth suspending belief for.

5. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" - C-Minus - Man I'm so done with this series. I don't know what Ms. Rowlings has left to say anymore, but I sure wish she go ahead nd say it. Harry and friends are too old, to squirrely and uninteresting for me to sit through another one of these flicks. God I hated it.

Da Worfster

Bourne: I give it a B+ - Yes it's the same ol' same ol' but it was a great action flick from start to finish. Kept me interested throuhgout.

Harry Potter: B, barely. I have not tired of the series yet but it seems like the story is getting a bit long. Get to it already

I'm lame and have not seen the others yet. Not evem Spidey 3. I just have not liked the Spidey series that much. I'll see it eventually.

Now, Skin Walkers - the previews looked cool and uh, um, kindof sexy! Hot babes, fangs, demos........ How can you not like it! I will see this one soon.