My big fat 1k post PARTY extrafantabuloustacular! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My big fat 1k post PARTY extrafantabuloustacular!

audio_dude
01-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm finally here, the 1k mark. No i'm not going to pull a peru and rack up 2k posts before the thread is forgotten ;)

Big shout out to Flo, who really gave me some good audio advice here, and showed me there's more to audio than big speakers and a good amp! (wait, isn't that his setup in a nutshell??)

Oh, and he out in the word to start a portable audio forum for me :) yep, if you were wondering who suggested that, I did. :)

So, without further ado, someone get some music going , autumn, you can bring your 360 if you want.

Now somebody BEER me.

Cheers!

kexodusc
01-04-2008, 04:35 AM
2 cold ones coming right at ya....Go Sens Go!

basite
01-04-2008, 04:37 AM
congrats on the 1k Audio_dude, and may there follow more posts :)

cheers,

and keep them spinning,
Bert.

ForeverAutumn
01-04-2008, 04:57 AM
Congrats on 1K dude! I'll bring the 360 along plus the Dance Dance Revolution game that I'm going out to buy at lunch time.

GMichael
01-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Congrats. Happy 1k 2u. It's been great reading your posts. Can I have some more please?

Rich-n-Texas
01-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Congrats _dude. Did anybody invite SVI? What would a party be without the great bipolar one?

I'm enjoying some Sam Adams Cherry Wheat beer today. I like it. It's festive!

GMichael
01-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Congrats _dude. Did anybody invite SVI? What would a party be without the great bipolar one?

I'm enjoying some Sam Adams Cherry Wheat beer today. I like it. It's festive!

I think that you and Markw would get along great.

Rich-n-Texas
01-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Yes, we do. If he ever comes down here I'll make sure there's some in the fridge. It's back to Bass ale after the party though.

audio_dude
01-04-2008, 08:13 PM
I've got my nice german dobble bock here, quite tasty :)

I've got a party game too! ok, instead of a pinata...I've hung a bose wave radio up. The bats are over there, take turns and have fun

(oh, and autumn, bring guitar hero too...i've never been good with up up down left down right down up right left...arg, i suck at DDR.)

JohnMichael
01-05-2008, 08:04 AM
RoB that is the best party game in all our post parties. The Bose Wave Radio pinata is a stroke of genius. The way we drink you might want to allow only one member at a time swinging a bat. The idea of two or more members blindfolded and swinging bats might reduce participation. Oh and GMichael peaks.

Feanor
01-05-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm finally here, the 1k mark. No i'm not going to pull a peru and rack up 2k posts before the thread is forgotten ;)

Big shout out to Flo, who really gave me some good audio advice here, and showed me there's more to audio than big speakers and a good amp! (wait, isn't that his setup in a nutshell??)

Oh, and he out in the word to start a portable audio forum for me :) yep, if you were wondering who suggested that, I did. :)

So, without further ado, someone get some music going , autumn, you can bring your 360 if you want.

Now somebody BEER me.

Cheers!

But not too many of the brewskis! ;)

audio_dude
01-05-2008, 10:02 AM
nah, only a few ;) gotta save my aim for the wave radio.

oh, and for loot bags, I've got a little bottle of pixie snot, a little snake oil (audio edition of course), and a bit of that quicksilver stuff that guy was talking about before.

Hope you guys like it :)

jrhymeammo
01-05-2008, 10:10 AM
You must be excited about that as well. I'll party for that. WOO!!

basite
01-05-2008, 11:01 AM
gotta save my aim for the wave radio.

I wonder how long that lil' radio survives...

but do I really care?

NAH :cornut:

interesting game indeed :p

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Rich-n-Texas
01-05-2008, 12:09 PM
I've got a party game too! ok, instead of a pinata...I've hung a bose wave radio up. The bats are over there, take turns and have fun
My turn!

Right?

audio_dude
01-05-2008, 03:53 PM
My turn!

Right?

sure, here's the aluminium bat, speciall y designed to beat through all the cheap plastic and lies :)

oh yes, and the GST being lowered 1% yay!

Now if ontario would only lower our 8% PST by a couple perfect...maybe it would be fair.

Damn alberta, only paying 5% tax on everything...

JohnMichael
01-05-2008, 04:51 PM
sure, here's the aluminium bat, speciall y designed to beat through all the cheap plastic and lies :)

oh yes, and the GST being lowered 1% yay!

Now if ontario would only lower our 8% PST by a couple perfect...maybe it would be fair.

Damn alberta, only paying 5% tax on everything...

I did not mind paying the taxes in Quebec when the US dollar was up but the last time I spent a week in Quebec City the Canadian dollar was stronger, prices were up and taxes were the same percent. Oh well I will be back this year.

audio_dude
01-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Well johnmichael, now that the dollar has stayed relatively on par with the US dollar for a couple months, our prices are starting to drop a bit. Especially on electronics and other high canadian markup items.

-I love seeing those "US exchage rate" signs in stores that used to read +20% or something like that, that now read -4% or something ridiculous like that. puts a smile on my face :)

bobsticks
01-05-2008, 06:58 PM
-I love seeing those "US exchage rate" signs in stores that used to read +20% or something like that, that now read -4% or something ridiculous like that. puts a smile on my face :)

You do realize that you're smiling about a condition that could have significant adverse effects on trade and commerce along Canada's southern border as well as negatively impact lumber exports ?

audio_dude
01-05-2008, 08:15 PM
yes, but the market with hopefully adjust to an equal dollar, keeps both sides fair I guess.

In my opinion, it is affecting the market to much right now because the rise was so sudden, but if it holds steady, everything should settle down eventually.

jrhymeammo
01-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Well I hope you are happy, cuz LP5.3 just went up USD $100....

audio_dude
01-06-2008, 11:14 AM
good thing i'm not in the market for a phono preamp :)