dawn of the dead finally on dvd [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : dawn of the dead finally on dvd

agtpunx40
03-02-2004, 09:04 AM
How did I miss this? Anyway, since I missed it, I still don't know how, but I did. Dawn of the dead is finally coming out on anamorphic dvd with DTS. And luckly it's the theatrical cut, not that "director's cut" that I can't believe romero really wanted. Anyway, I've also heard that there's going to be some kind of bigger 3 disk box set at the end of the summer, but I think this is only $15 msrp and I've been waiting soo long.

RGA
03-07-2004, 11:53 AM
How did I miss this? Anyway, since I missed it, I still don't know how, but I did. Dawn of the dead is finally coming out on anamorphic dvd with DTS. And luckly it's the theatrical cut, not that "director's cut" that I can't believe romero really wanted. Anyway, I've also heard that there's going to be some kind of bigger 3 disk box set at the end of the summer, but I think this is only $15 msrp and I've been waiting soo long.

Yes it's coming out here the same day as Schindler's List. My favorite horror and my overall favorite film - March 9th is DVD Christmas for me.

I didn't hear about the boxed set of Dawn - I can wait for that do you have a link I can read about it? That would be awesome. Dawn is IMO the greatest horror film ever made - well at least from what I've seen.

I had the Dirictors edition of Dawn on Laserdisc - some of the added scenes worked others most certainly didn't - I wouldn't mind having both versions - though I taped the LD so I still have that version.

This new one apparently will have Romero and 2 others on the running commentary.

RGA
03-07-2004, 12:10 PM
I couldn't wait so I looked it up myself

DAWN OF THE DEAD - Summer 2003

George Romero's masterpiece is coming back to DVD in a big way. Featuring newly re-mastered widescreen transfers (16x9 enhanced), new DTS & Dolby EX Surround Sound, all-new cast & crew interviews, all-new audio commentary tracks, trailers, poster & still galleries and more! Available separately will be the original Theatrical Version and the Extended (Director's Cut) Version. Also available will be a special multi-disc box set including an exclusive presentation of the ZOMBI version of the film from Europe. Expect more announcements in the coming months, and please note all features at this point are tentative and subject to change. Closed Captioned for the Hearing Impaired.
http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=1208

And let's not forget the remake which comes out March 19th. The trailer actually looks good - solid cast seems to have a fair bit to the budget. Hopefully it will make us all proud.

Sealed
03-07-2004, 12:28 PM
All I have ever seen DOTD on was craptastic VHS. Mono sound, blanched colors. I will definately get this one. I hope the re-make is worth a crap. They will mess it up if they water it down, or try to use too much fake looking CGI gore.

agtpunx40
03-12-2004, 06:10 PM
well, I just got back from a fishing trip in a cabin in the woods in NC for spring break and picked it up on my way back. I'm about to pop it in the dvd player. It was like $12 at Best buy, so I can swing that while I wait for the bigger set this summer. I have the vhs too, I actually found it for $2 a few years ago. Yea, hopefully the remake will be good. The previews actually look half decent. I've also heard rumors, although from fairly reliable sources that if the remake does well, Romero might be making a fourth which he wants to call Land of the Dead. Somehow, I don't think that this rumor is acurate, but you never know.