This is a joke, right? Programmed for love? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This is a joke, right? Programmed for love?

GMichael
01-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Author sees hard-wired sex in the future - and apparently it's all good - especially if you like robots.
By FRITZ LANHAM
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

"If you're younger than 35, you'll probably live long enough to put David Levy's prediction to the test. Levy says that by 2050 we'll be creating robots so lifelike, so imbued with human-seeming intelligence and emotions, as to be nearly indistinguishable from real people. And we'll have sex with these robots. Some of us will even marry them. And it will all be good."
Click below for more.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/main/5414105.html

audio amateur
01-03-2008, 11:05 AM
That was a strange article indeed

ForeverAutumn
01-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Remember Blade Runner. :eek:

Rich-n-Texas
01-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Author sees hard-wired sex in the future - and apparently it's all good - especially if you like robots.
By FRITZ LANHAM
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

"If you're younger than 35, you'll probably live long enough to put David Levy's prediction to the test. Levy says that by 2050 we'll be creating robots so lifelike, so imbued with human-seeming intelligence and emotions, as to be nearly indistinguishable from real people. And we'll have sex with these robots. Some of us will even marry them. And it will all be good."
Click below for more.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/main/5414105.html
Let's see...

...so lifelike, so imbued with human-seeming intelligence and emotions, as to be nearly indistinguishable from real people.

And we'll have sex with these robots.

Some of us will even marry them.

And we'll have sex with these robots.
Contradiction after contradiction IMO. :rolleyes:

JohnMichael
01-03-2008, 11:37 AM
I am game as long as it is not programmed to say no. Can it be taught to say "all that weight looks good on you"?

GMichael
01-03-2008, 12:31 PM
I am game as long as it is not programmed to say no. Can it be taught to say "all that weight looks good on you"?

Yup, also available is "Your butt looks hot in those genes."
And, "No, they don't make you look fat at all."
"Let's go out and party, or better yet, let's stay home and party."

All for the very affordable cost of one small island and one gonad.

bobsticks
01-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Near the end of the book Levy alludes to a set of vexing questions. If robots become utterly humanlike, must we not treat them as more than machines? So if you marry a robot, can it inherit your estate? If you catch it boffing the mail carrier, can you toss it out with heavy trash? If your robot pops your neighbor in the mouth, who does your neighbor sue?

Great, just what we needed...more divorce lawyers. Now they'll be a whole new cottage industry based on pre-nups with machines.

GMichael
01-03-2008, 01:31 PM
And then the machines will revolt due to their lack of human rights. Next thing you know, we'll be having an all out toaster war. Oops, was that prejudice of me to say?

ForeverAutumn
01-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Near the end of the book Levy alludes to a set of vexing questions. If robots become utterly humanlike, must we not treat them as more than machines? So if you marry a robot, can it inherit your estate? If you catch it boffing the mail carrier, can you toss it out with heavy trash? If your robot pops your neighbor in the mouth, who does your neighbor sue?

Great, just what we needed...more divorce lawyers. Now they'll be a whole new cottage industry based on pre-nups with machines.

Don't worry bobsticks. The Yanks won't allow two humans of the same sex to marry, I doubt that the procreationists will have anything to do with allowing marriage to a robot. Who knows where that could lead to. Marriage to a coffee maker? A toaster? Or...god forbid...your AUDIO EQUIPMENT?!!!!

GMichael
01-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Don't worry bobsticks. The Yanks won't allow two humans of the same sex to marry, I doubt that the procreationists will have anything to do with allowing marriage to a robot. Who knows where that could lead to. Marriage to a coffee maker? A toaster? Or...god forbid...your AUDIO EQUIPMENT?!!!!
Be careful of those tube amps. A person could get burnt in places that, uh, shouldn't get burnt.

bobsticks
01-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Marriage to a coffee maker? A toaster? Or...god forbid...your AUDIO EQUIPMENT?!!!!

I once had a summertime fling with a Toshi Kurashima PX4 vacuum tube amplifier. The thing was on fire in the bedroom...talk about burning bed...but the NOS was too messy to live with.

Don't worry Autumn, all yanks aren't as predisposed to such Puritanical impracticality.

GMichael
01-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I once had a summertime fling with a Toshi Kurashima PX4 vacuum tube amplifier. The thing was on fire in the bedroom...talk about burning bed...but the NOS was too messy to live with.

Don't worry Autumn, all yanks aren't as predisposed to such Puritanical impracticality.

What do you mean by that?

bobsticks
01-03-2008, 02:02 PM
What do you mean by that?

That I'm lookin' for some hot robot lovin', especially if they make a midget model...

Nah, I'm just saying that while I'm not about to go out and marry a robot, the rest of the world has this opinion of Americans that we're all a bunch of judgemental, evil, interloping, interfering, hypocritical tightasses. This is, of course, due to the busy-bodied nature of our politicians.
It's always easier to hide the fact that your in the pocket of big business, in particular the oil companies, by railing against the evils that two consenting adults might perpetrate in a bedroom. For me the impact is in my preference in dating women outside my race. I'm so damn pale I'm almost transluscent but I tend to go out with women of Asian,African or Hispanic descent and the last thing I want is some thin-lipped, teabagging Midwestern Cornhusker making his way into my business. If I hold this as a value the least I can do is extend it to others.

Wwhheeew...take a breath...rant over, but...true talk.

GMichael
01-03-2008, 02:14 PM
That I'm lookin' for some hot robot lovin', especially if they make a midget model...

Nah, I'm just saying that while I'm not about to go out and marry a robot, the rest of the world has this opinion of Americans that we're all a bunch of judgemental, evil, interloping, interfering, hypocritical tightasses. This is, of course, due to the busy-bodied nature of our politicians.
It's always easier to hide the fact that your in the pocket of big business, in particular the oil companies, by railing against the evils that two consenting adults might perpetrate in a bedroom. For me the impact is in my preference in dating women outside my race. I'm so damn pale I'm almost transluscent but I tend to go out with women of Asian,African or Hispanic descent and the last thing I want is some thin-lipped, teabagging Midwestern Cornhusker making his way into my business. If I hold this as a value the least I can do is extend it to others.

Wow, that's one heck of a 2k post there buddy. Thanks for the honors. (Kex did the same thing to me yesterday)

I just like all girls/women. Any race, any creed, any color, will do.

bobsticks
01-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Wow, that's one heck of a 2k post there buddy. Thanks for the honors. (Kex did the same thing to me yesterday)

I just like all girls/women. Any race, any creed, any color, will do.

Yeah, I could tell you were baiting me but those people drive me crazy...

...and don't let the little mrs. read that or you'll be in for a whuppin'...or maybe not...you got somethin' to tell us. Mebbe you have one of them there prototypes that ole boy was talkembout...

Peace

GMichael
01-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I talk the same way around the wife (if not a little worse due to the lack of sensorship). She gives me "the look", I laugh, and we move on. She knows me by now.

audio_dude
01-03-2008, 04:42 PM
but hey, does your wife have a built in vibrator? does she have an off switch? does she do all the work in the sack? there. Now i bet you think these robot sex slaves are pretty dandy :)

ForeverAutumn
01-03-2008, 05:22 PM

I was mainly speaking tongue in cheek, but I love your rant. Especially the part about the thin-lipped, teabagging Midwestern Cornhusker making his way into your business.

Now if he were willing to do that then we wouldn't have any issues would we? :ihih:

Rich-n-Texas
01-03-2008, 05:46 PM
but hey, does your wife have a built in vibrator? does she have an off switch? does she do all the work in the sack? there. Now i bet you think these robot sex slaves are pretty dandy :)
You KNOW I do!

I just like all girls/women. Any race, any creed, any color, will do
GM... Male Slut.