Five hours early, but Happy New Year to all... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Five hours early, but Happy New Year to all...

Swish
12-31-2007, 04:04 PM
...my Rave Rec friends, and Rae too. :) :)

Just went out for a nice meal of short ribs braised in barolo wine that just melted in my mouth, along with a few pints of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.

We're back at the hacienda and are ready for a nice cigar, a few more drinks, and then London Live on Mojo, with a pretty nice lineup tonight, including Editors, Feist, Amy Winehouse, Bloc Party, Wolfmother, the Killers, Badly Drawn Boy, Beck, Keane, the Flaming Lips....and many others.

Swish Baby

basite
12-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Well, happy newyear to you too...

it's 2008 already here, and we just watched the fireworks in Antwerp, with family, and had some drinks and snacks before...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

bobsticks
12-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Happy New Year back atcha Swishy. Sounds like a good night--and a safe one at that. After some "negotiation" and recognizing my resolve on the matter the young lady of the manor decided to go out with her friends for a few hours and come on back to da hood for the final countdown. I hate crowded bars in the first place and a club full of weekend warriors and amateurs is not my idea of a good time. Been there, done that for too many years...especially when I have to be productive tomorrow.

Hey is there a linky to that Mojo dealio? Share the lovin'...and speaking of sharin' lovin, I didn't forget about that Wilco deal, just give me a second to get caught up.

Peace and a Happy new Year to all.

jim goulding
12-31-2007, 04:57 PM
May this be a grand new year for the lot of us! And I'm interested, too, in whatever that is you'll be watching, Swish. What up wit dat? Happy New Year!

Hyfi
12-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Happy New Years all. Just finished up a nice lobster dinner with a bottle of bubbly. Had to celebrate a little early since my wife is working a double tomorrow. 2007 turned out to be a good year for me and I hope for you all too. I also hope 2008 ends up even better.

Swish, do you like the 60 over the 90? I have not had the 120 yet, you?

3-LockBox
01-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Bernd
01-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Wishing all a peaceful 2008.

Little bit fragile this morning.

:16:

Swish
01-01-2008, 04:49 AM
Happy New Year back atcha Swishy. Sounds like a good night--and a safe one at that. After some "negotiation" and recognizing my resolve on the matter the young lady of the manor decided to go out with her friends for a few hours and come on back to da hood for the final countdown. I hate crowded bars in the first place and a club full of weekend warriors and amateurs is not my idea of a good time. Been there, done that for too many years...especially when I have to be productive tomorrow.

Hey is there a linky to that Mojo dealio? Share the lovin'...and speaking of sharin' lovin, I didn't forget about that Wilco deal, just give me a second to get caught up.

Peace and a Happy new Year to all.

...show on the channel. They did a 'Top 20' countdown of live performances that was pretty good overall. You can check it out <a href="http://www.mojohd.com/mojoseries/londonlive/">here</a>.

Swish

Swish
01-01-2008, 04:54 AM
Happy New Years all. Just finished up a nice lobster dinner with a bottle of bubbly. Had to celebrate a little early since my wife is working a double tomorrow. 2007 turned out to be a good year for me and I hope for you all too. I also hope 2008 ends up even better.

Swish, do you like the 60 over the 90? I have not had the 120 yet, you?

I like the 60 more than the 90 although both are very good IMO. You must have missed my post about the 120, so rather then recant the story here, go to the original <a href="http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=25102&highlight=dogfish">here</a>.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
01-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Happy New Year everyone!

As the designated driver last night, it was only a half glass of the bubbly at midnight for me. So I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed this fine new year's day. Although, my bright eyes didn't open until about 10:30 this morning. :eek6:

Rae
01-01-2008, 05:25 PM
...my Rave Rec friends, and Rae too.

I assume you only say this because you feel that our bond of friendship transcends this forum and cannot be reduced to mere internet association, and to that, I say, I have never even met you.

Stay away from the 120! It's EVIL! I like the 60 more than the 90 although both are very good IMO.

I somehow read this out of context and thought in my head that you were discussing the relative merits of blank cassettes for making mixtapes, and thought to myself, wow! I can't believe that other people think about this kind of stuff too! Although the 90 minute tape can hold two pretty killer mixes on each side, the 60 is better for quick, punchy single-artist mixes... and the 120 IS evil! Too difficult to sustain a really cohesive mix on hour-long sides... then I realized that you guys nerd out about different stuff than me.

Anyhow, happy new year, board. I stayed away from you for a long time but our romance was rekindled in 2007. Here's to keeping the magic alive in '08!

~Rae

Swish
01-01-2008, 05:43 PM
I assume you only say this because you feel that our bond of friendship transcends this forum and cannot be reduced to mere internet association, and to that, I say, I have never even met you.

I somehow read this out of context and thought in my head that you were discussing the relative merits of blank cassettes for making mixtapes, and thought to myself, wow! I can't believe that other people think about this kind of stuff too! Although the 90 minute tape can hold two pretty killer mixes on each side, the 60 is better for quick, punchy single-artist mixes... and the 120 IS evil! Too difficult to sustain a really cohesive mix on hour-long sides... then I realized that you guys nerd out about different stuff than me.

Anyhow, happy new year, board. I stayed away from you for a long time but our romance was rekindled in 2007. Here's to keeping the magic alive in '08!

~Rae

As for the 120 minute tapes, they always sucked. The tape was too thin and never lasted. The TDK Metal 90 minutes cassettes were the bomb.

Swish Baby

bobsticks
01-01-2008, 05:57 PM
What are these "cassette" things you guys are talkin' 'bout? :confused5:

Rae
01-01-2008, 06:10 PM
I should do my year-end comp on cassette. I wonder how many people would even be able to play them?

~Rae

Hyfi
01-02-2008, 04:23 AM
I should do my year-end comp on cassette. I wonder how many people would even be able to play them?

~Rae

I still have a real nice Onkyo tape deck, a Sony boom box w/both cassette and cd, and a car with both. I still listen to old ones that I duped old LPs from years ago.

I was always partial to the Dennon HD8-100s. 90s were good, 120s are evil, but the 100 was just right for those album sides just over 45 minutes.