As the Marathon Approacheth Fave "Twilight Zone" Episodes [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : As the Marathon Approacheth Fave "Twilight Zone" Episodes

Worf101
12-31-2007, 12:41 PM
As is their won't the SciFi channel will be airing Twilight Zone Episodes non stop for about two days. Here are my Top Twenty Faves.

1. "The Howling Man" - Curiousity killed the planet. "You can catch the devil, but you can't hold em long.

2. "The Lonely" - Muderer in solitary confinement on a prison planet is given a gift of a robot, one he falls deeply in love with.

3. "Time Enough at Last" - Great story of being carefull of what you wish for. All the books in the world, all the time in the world, but one thing goes missing.

4. "Judgement Night" - A new twist on the "Flying Dutchmen" saga, sometimes, even in war, you have to pay the piper.

5. "The Last Fight" - A pilot is offered a "second chance" to redeem his honor and does.

6. "The Monsters are due on Maple Street" - How thin our veneer of civilization, all it takes is a nudge and we'er a howling mob once more.

7. "People are Alike All Over" - Roddy Mcdowal finds out that every form of refuge has its price. You'll never look as zoo's tha same again.

8. "The After Hours" - Who is really alive? Who is but a mere mannaquin. Who knows?

9. "Eye of the Beholder" - What is beauty, what is "ugly" and who decides, in the Twilight Zone.

10. "The Invaders" - Little men and Agnes Morehead delicious destruction and the giant turns and dances on his head.

11. "The Odyssey of Flight 33" - You want to get home again... but you can't. Time... time is a river.

12. "The Silence" - Don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cover.

13. "The Obsolete Man" - What do you do with the Hangman when there's no one left to hang?

14. "Two" - After the bombs have fallen, will Adam find Eve?

15. "The Shelter" - Again the veneer of civilization vanishes in the face of the bomb.

16. "It's a Good Life" - Wow, just plain wow. Never EVER go to Peakesville Ohio. At least not around television time. Don't go near the cornfield either.

17. "Nothing in the Dark" - You can't cheat death, and you can't lock it out. Why would you when it looks like a young Robert Redford?

18. "To Serve Man" - Mighty funny lookin' book you got there? You say it's a cook book?

19. "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" - Don't take a window seat, don't take a windo seat.. DON'T TAKE THE WINDOW SEAT!!!!!!

20. "The Old Man in the Cave" - Apres moi le deluge.

21. "The Masks" - Now that's MY kind of Mardi Gras masks.

22. "The Encounter" - Some old wounds never heal, some wars never end.

Da Worfster

Smokey
12-31-2007, 07:31 PM
You got quite few good episodes there, although must admit that have not seen all of them.

One of favorite episode I fondly remember was the “Night Call”. After an elderly, wheelchair-bound lady receive several anonymous calls, which the telephone company traces the source to a fallen telephone line. When she and her maid locate the fallen line, they find that the line is resting on the grave of her fiancé.

johnny p
01-03-2008, 06:11 AM
I probably have seen most, but just not familiar enough to recognize them by the title and brief description. ... I need to pick up the collection on DVD as I'm an avid fan, but the wife is thwarting my plans.

GMichael
01-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Nice thread Worf. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
I don't remember titles, but do you have the one where Jack Klugman played pool with Jonathan Winters in there? I loved that one. I always enjoy going back to these to see all the stars who were in it who weren't stars yet then. How about the two with Billy Mummy? Or the one with Elizabeth Montgomery? I saw you already have the one with Capt Kirk. How many other big names were there?

johnny p
01-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Burgess Meredith was in a few episodes I believe...... and yeah, William Shatner was in the one with the fortune telling machine thing, as well as the movie... Scatman Crothers was in the movie also I believe, as well as Akroid? (sp) not sure.... hmm.

Worf101
01-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Nice thread Worf. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
I don't remember titles, but do you have the one where Jack Klugman played pool with Jonathan Winters in there? I loved that one. I always enjoy going back to these to see all the stars who were in it who weren't stars yet then. How about the two with Billy Mummy? Or the one with Elizabeth Montgomery? I saw you already have the one with Capt Kirk. How many other big names were there?

Nope didn't pick Klugman in the pool game, but did get Billy Mummy in the classic episode "It'sa Good Life". Elizabeth Montgomer and Charles Bronson starred as a futuristic Adam and Eve reborn in "Two". Both are great episodes.

Da Worfster

Worf101
01-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Burgess Meredith was in a few episodes I believe...... and yeah, William Shatner was in the one with the fortune telling machine thing, as well as the movie... Scatman Crothers was in the movie also I believe, as well as Akroid? (sp) not sure.... hmm.

Burgess Meredith and Jack Klugman each starred in 4 episodes a piece over the show's 5 year run. Shatner had two, the one with the fortune telling machine and the classic I mentioned. "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet."

Da Worfster

GMichael
01-03-2008, 09:14 AM
and yeah, William Shatner was in the one with the fortune telling machine thing, as well as the movie... Scatman Crothers was in the movie also I believe, as well as Akroid? (sp) not sure.... hmm.

Oh yeah.... I remember that one. Very good also. I was thinking of Worf's number 19 though.

GMichael
01-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Nope didn't pick Klugman in the pool game, but did get Billy Mummy in the classic episode "It'sa Good Life". Elizabeth Montgomer and Charles Bronson starred as a futuristic Adam and Eve reborn in "Two". Both are great episodes.

Da Worfster

Billy was in a second followup episode as well, right?

Elizabeth was hot back then....

Worf101
01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Billy was in a second followup episode as well, right?

Elizabeth was hot back then....

If they had a followup to "It's a Good Life" it was in one of the subsequent T.Z. series. Elizabeth Montgomery was HOT in that episode but belive it or not she was a BRUNETTE!!!! Shocking, I know.

Da Worfster

GMichael
01-04-2008, 08:49 AM
If they had a followup to "It's a Good Life" it was in one of the subsequent T.Z. series. Elizabeth Montgomery was HOT in that episode but belive it or not she was a BRUNETTE!!!! Shocking, I know.

Da Worfster

His name shows up three times for The TZ.

Twilight Zone (1961) "It's A Good Life" - Anthony Freemont
Twilight Zone (1961)"Long Distance Call" - Billy Bayles
Twilight Zone (1963)"In Praise of Pip"

I don't know which one it was or even if it was just the second half of "It's a Good Life" that the SCFI channel split up the last time a TTZ marathon was on.
There was the first part where you got to see what a terror the little kid was, then a second part where the woman stood up to him and he changed into a good kid at the end.

Worf101
01-04-2008, 09:09 AM
His name shows up three times for The TZ.

Twilight Zone (1961) "It's A Good Life" - Anthony Freemont
Twilight Zone (1961)"Long Distance Call" - Billy Bayles
Twilight Zone (1963)"In Praise of Pip"

I don't know which one it was or even if it was just the second half of "It's a Good Life" that the SCFI channel split up the last time a TTZ marathon was on.
There was the first part where you got to see what a terror the little kid was, then a second part where the woman stood up to him and he changed into a good kid at the end.
The woman standing up to him and making him into a human being was from the TZ moive with Dan Akroyd et. al.

Da Worfster

GMichael
01-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Dang.
I must be slippin'.

Sucks to get old. But it beats the alternative.

johnny p
01-05-2008, 09:41 PM
did you mention the one where the lady runs over the little kid on his bike, and drives him home, only to find out that he keeps his family hostage because he has some crazy powers, and make them cartoons etc. because he can.......... that one might have been in color..... who knows, it's late and I'm trying to think again!!!!