Yamaha receiver ???????? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha receiver ????????

wileecoyote
03-02-2004, 12:19 AM
I just bought an RX-V2300, I don`t wanna sound like a complete dummy but need some help. The impedence switch where should it be set, my E-715 vegas say compatible with 8 ohm or less, I`ll be adding their rears to match soon. And the A / B main speaker switch-- can I run both at the same time to power another set of mains and if I do what does that do to power output and impedence? In 6 channel stereo mode what freq. are being output to the rears? could I run another set of full range speakers there? Sorry bout so many Q??

spacedeckman
03-02-2004, 07:53 PM
5 channel stereo should be full range to rear.

If you are going to hook up another pair of speakers in the same room, use the rear channel outputs, not the "B" since you will be using another pair of amplifiers on the receiver and then will be able to use the 5 channel stereo option (set center to "none" if you don't have one) I'm not a big fan of two sets of speakers playing the same thing on opposite ends of the room. Impedance won't be a problem, especially with the use of the "rear" outputs.

Wireworm5
03-03-2004, 07:36 AM
I run both A/B main speakers and rears all at the same time on my RX-V2200 , never had a problem.That's the beauty of this receiver, you can run 3 sets of speakers a center and sub and a rear center. And it sounds awesome in multi-channel stereo.

Woochifer
03-03-2004, 12:34 PM
As Space said, 8 ohms should be fine. The only instance where you would need to switch to the low impedance position would be if the receiver shuts down at moderate volume. If your speakers are nominally rated at 8 ohms, then the default position should be corrrect. But, if those speakers have severe peaks and dips in the impedance, then they can shut down the receiver under certain conditions.