50 inch under 2k Plasma or LCD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 50 inch under 2k Plasma or LCD

taurus252
12-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Hello all
I have been scouring the internet and this site for what Im looking for but figured the best option was to post a question.
I am in the market for a 50 inch plasma or dvd but not sure which to get. I would like some recommendations for good performers for the price. I would like to have 1080p but not sure if anything will fall into that category. 1080 i will have to be the minimum. Any sugestions are greatly appreciated
My price range is around 1800.

Duds
01-03-2008, 06:12 AM
There are some great online authorized pioneer dealers who have the Pioneer 5080 for around 2k right now if oyu can stretch your budget. Its an awesome plasma. Its not 1080p, but depending on how far away you will be sitting, you dont need 1080p. And if you dont plan on HD-dvd or blu-ray, then you definitely do not need 1080p. My brother just got this TV, and I am goign to get one as soon as i figure out what is going to happen within the company i work for (possible layoffs coming)

hope this helps. I can provide links to the dealers if you want, or go to www.avsforum.com, they are the forum sponsors. You will also find much more info on that site in the plasma forum.