R.i.p..... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : R.i.p.....

Bernd
12-27-2007, 03:53 AM
......Oscar Peterson.
Just before Christmas this great man decided to leave us.

Peace

:16:

basite
12-27-2007, 06:08 AM
that's bad news :(

I liked that man alot, and as it stated in the liner notes of his album 'we get requests', "He played music for the people", and that's an important thing to do.

Cheers,
Bert.

Mr MidFi
12-27-2007, 07:13 AM
I'll never forget the first time I heard Oscar Peterson. I was a pimply-faced high school kid working at a record store, and the resident jazz guy there put on this disc of brilliant RED vinyl on the store's system. That alone got my attention.

But the way that man played...that's what held my attention. It seemed to me that his fingers really had a lot to say.

RIP.

Swish
12-29-2007, 04:16 AM
...appreciate jazz. In fact, it was just a year of so later I saw Weather Report with Joe Zawinul, another great jazz keyboard player who also passed away this year.

Swish

jrhymeammo
12-29-2007, 05:40 AM
..ivory strikers of all time.
I'll celebrate his life and music by playing one of his albums.

RIP.

JohnMichael
12-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Since the news of his passing I have played his "The More I See You" cd. I have always enjoyed it and now I am wondering why I do not have more of his music. I find the loss of the person causes me to want more of their music. They may be gone but I will always be able to enjoy their gifts. What a great legacy.