newbie Tyler owner has a question... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : newbie Tyler owner has a question...

Seas-man
12-23-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm new around here and real glad to be a member of this community...I appreciate the opportunity to have some quality discussions with all you good people.

Anyway...I am a proud owner of Tyler Acoustics Woodmere speakers with the outboard crossovers and was wondering if any other Tyler owners here have had that upgrade done to thier speakers, and do they think it made a difference in the quality of the reproduction.

Cheers! :)

Slippers On
12-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi Seas-Man, I can't help you with your speakers query but welcome to the site. I'm sure someone will be along to give you assistance.

Slippers On

bobsticks
12-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Hey Seas-Man,

First and foremost welcome to the fold. Unfortunately I can't answer your question either, and while I haven't heard the Woodmeres I have heard nothing but good things about Ty Lashbrook and his works of beauty. Got to spend a little quality time with his monitors and was impressed.

Looking at your profile I see that your a fellow McIntosh man. If I ever decided to forgo my curent stat setup Tylers would be on the shortlist for dynamic speakers, and it's nice to know I wouldn't have to change amps.

Sorry I couldn't be more informative; just trying to be neighborly. I look forward to your contributions and, again, welcome...

Peace

Seas-man
12-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the nice welcome,fellas...Sounds like I'm in good company!

I wasn't sure if there were many Tyler owners around here..I hope so. I would love to hear about their set-ups, experiences,etc...
They sure sound nice with the big Mac amp...which is coasting most of the time with the Big Tylers,seeing is their rated at about 93db sensitivity. I dont really have to crank-it-up to get a pleasing presentation in my listening room. (Wouldn't want the neighbors to call 911 for busted eardrums, either!.. LOL!)

It's a very musical match..
...but what speaker wouldn't sound good paired with a Mac.

jrhymeammo
12-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Welcome to AR.com, SEAS.

I can't stop thinking about getting a pair of a Linbrook myself. What do you think of the Milleninum tweeters? From what I've read, it sounds very promising but flashy.

Regards,

Seas-man
12-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Hey jrhymeammo....
In my many hours of discussion with Ty Lashbrook he made it a point to tell me that while the Scanspeak Revelator probably has slightly more "detail", he thought that the SEAS Millenium was more musically "realistic", in his opinion. He's actually had some customers preffer the sound of the Scanspeak over the SEAS and will modify a speaker to suite what ever the customer wishes. He really try's to be accomodating. It was just a pleasure to work with him.

The Millenium also requires some patience on the owners part as it needs at least 100hrs of break-in to really begin to shine and strut it's stuff. After that it really sings with what i would consider to be excellent detail retrieval and very natural transient reproduction. Don't get me wrong though!...right out of the box its sounds very nice.
Don't pass judgement too quickly and begin think you might have made a mistake...because it needs just a little time to open up to achieve its best performance...which is simply wonderful, btw.
I actually enjoyed the process because i could hear it getting better over time.

Is it a better driver than the Scanspeak?...I don't know. To me thats sort of like comparing apples and oranges...both have qualities that taste good,and are appealing.

Say... I hope this helps you in any decision you might make in a possible purchase of the Linbrook's. I really think that for the money you would be spending and the personal service you get from Ty...you'll get an excellent product. One you can live with for a very long time.
I certainly will!