PDA

View Full Version : measuring questions

speakerz
12-21-2007, 01:49 PM
How do i find the cubic ft a speaker box is

thanks...

markw
12-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Measure the height, width and depth of the inside, not the outside, of the speaker cabinet.

speakerz
12-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Measure the height, width and depth of the inside, not the outside, of the speaker cabinet.

and then do what with those measurements

Luvin Da Blues
12-21-2007, 02:14 PM
and then do what with those measurements

height times depth times width = Volume

speakerz
12-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks

Florian
12-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Hahah..... so much for the american education system ^^

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Hahah..... so much for the american education system ^^

You get out of it what you put into it Florian. Just like everywhere in the world.

Slippers On
12-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Alternatively you could fill up a bath to the brim, drop in your speaker (holding it under) and collect the overflowing water in a calibrated watering-can. This will give you a volume including the walls of the speaker.

Then, when the speaker cabinet dries out and falls apart you collect all the bits, including the drive units, and throw them into the bath again, (holding them under), until the watering can takes the overflow again.

Subtract the lower number from the higher number and you have your answer.

PS if your speakers are too big then take them to the swimming pool and use their depth measure. (don't forget to get a friend to lift heavy weights.)

basite
12-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Alternatively you could fill up a bath to the brim, drop in your speaker (holding it under) and collect the overflowing water in a calibrated watering-can. This will give you a volume including the walls of the speaker.

Then, when the speaker cabinet dries out and falls apart you collect all the bits, including the drive units, and throw them into the bath again, (holding them under), until the watering can takes the overflow again.

Subtract the lower number from the higher number and you have your answer.

PS if your speakers are too big then take them to the swimming pool and use their depth measure. (don't forget to get a friend to lift heavy weights.)

EUREKA :p

(if you know the story behind this theory, you'll understand :))

Speakerz, haven't you learned how to calculate volume at school?

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Florian
12-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Just to clarify myself, i did not mean to offend all americans and their school systems. I am sure there are several fine schools and smart people. Having lived in the US for 7+ years tough, i know the educational system and to go on a public forum and ask a middle school question is just .....whew :confused5:

Slippers On
12-24-2007, 02:06 AM
EUREKA :p

(if you know the story behind this theory, you'll understand :))

Yes we had a good educational system in Ireland :cornut:

Sleepors An