Merry Christmas AR! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas AR!

topspeed
12-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Here's wishing all of the great members of AR a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Festivus, and a wonderful New Year!

A lot has happened this year;
* Wooch welcomed a new addition to his family...and the Trojan Family welcomes her with open arms!
* Mike (finally) got new Mini-Me's...and consequently became AR's AV123 shill (j/k Mike ;) )
* Kex welcomed his wife back from Australia (thankfully, she wasn't on Flight 815)
* JM started anew with fresh speakers and front end
* LJ is in SXRD heaven
* There were sporadic sitings of SVI and Lord Magne...er, Florian.
* RGA popped in from Korea for a few weeks
* FA still didn't post a picture of herself, thereby increasing the mystery surrounding her as AR's only resident female.
* Groundbeef finally broke down and bought a PS3
* Sir T returned to grace us with his wisdom
* Rich turned to the dark side and is actually considering a Ford! *touches ground and notices Yes, it is indeed quite cold down there*

We all have a lot to be thankful for and I hope all of you enjoy the gift of the Holiday Season and have a prosperous New Year!

Speedy

GMichael
12-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks Speedy,

Merry wishes to you and your loved ones as well.

Merry Kwanza to everyone on AR and their families. May it be filled with joy and happiness.

basite
12-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Merry X-mas to everyone on AR

shall we have a big AR Xmas party? :ihih:

and when do we get them presents? :D

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Bernd
12-20-2007, 10:33 AM
We all have a lot to be thankful for and I hope all of you enjoy the gift of the Holiday Season and have a prosperous New Year!

That's all there is to say.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Peace and goodwill to all.

:16:

Rich-n-Texas
12-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Merry X-mas to everyone on AR

shall we have a big AR Xmas party? :ihih:
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=25135
I thought only oldsters like me had bad memories.

and when do we get them presents? :D

Keep them spinning,
Bert.
I already got mine. Look at post #75. Merry Christmas AND Happy New Year to ME!!!

Rich-n-Texas
12-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Merry Christmas to you too Speedy. I promise I'll no longer refer to you as Imslo OR Itsbroke again. Sound good? :biggrin5:

kexodusc
12-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone here at ar.com.
Can't wait to hear about all the new gadgets, albums, movies, etc everyone gets from Santa....

GMichael
12-20-2007, 11:21 AM
On my first day of Christmas... pa gave to me, Some parts to a Mustang GT. On my second day of Christmas... pa gave to me, 2 huntin dawgs and some parts to a Mustang GT. On my third day of Christmas... pa gave to me, 3 shotgun shells 2 huntin dawgs and some parts to a Mustang GT. On my forth day of Christmas... pa gave to me, 4 mud tires 3 shotgun shells 2 huntin dawgs and some parts to a Mustang GT. On my fifth day of Christmas... pa gave to me, 5 TURKEY WINGS 4 mud tires 3 shotgun shells 2 huntin dawgs and some parts to a Mustang GT. On my sixth day of Christmas... pa gave to me, 6 cans of Spam 5 TURKEY WINGS 4 mud tires 3 shotgun shells 2 huntin dawgs and some parts to a Mustang GT. On my seventh day of Christmas... pa gave to me, 7 packs of Red Man 6 cans of Spam 5 TURKEY WINGS 4 mud tires 3 shotgun shells 2 huntin dawgs and some parts to a Mustang GT. On my eighth day of Christmas... pa gave to me, 8 manly dancers 7 packs of Red Man 6 cans of Spam 5 TURKEY WINGS 4 mud tires 3 shotgun shells 2 huntin dawgs and some parts to a Mustang GT. On my ninth day of Christmas... pa gave to me, 9 years probation 8 manly dancers 7 packs of Red Man 6 cans of Spam 5 TURKEY WINGS 4 mud tires 3 shotgun shells 2 huntin dawgs and some parts to a Mustang GT. On my tenth day of Christmas... pa gave to me, 10 Copenhagen 9 years probation 8 manly dancers 7 packs of Red Man 6 cans of Spam 5 TURKEY WINGS 4 mud tires 3 shotgun shells 2 huntin dawgs and some parts to a Mustang GT. On my eleventh day of Christmas... pa gave to me, 11 rasslin tickets 10 Copenhagen 9 years probation 8 manly dancers 7 packs of Red Man 6 cans of Spam 5 TURKEY WINGS 4 mud tires 3 shotgun shells 2 huntin dawgs and some parts to a Mustang GT. On my twelfth day of Christmas... pa gave to me, 12 pack of Bud 11 rasslin tickets 10 Copenhagen 9 years probation 8 table dancers 7 packs of Red Man 6 cans of Spam 5 TURKEY WINGS 4 mud tires 3 shotgun shells 2 huntin dawgs and some parts to a Mustang GT.

Rich-n-Texas
12-20-2007, 11:29 AM
What are you insinuating here GM? I don't think JSE would appreciate...

Oh wait a minute. You're bucking for more red ones aren't ya?

JSE
12-20-2007, 11:49 AM
What are you insinuating here GM? I don't think JSE would appreciate...

Oh wait a minute. You're bucking for more red ones aren't ya?

You are so getting another Greenie for that!

Rich-n-Texas
12-20-2007, 11:59 AM
"Ah come on man, its the holidays!!!"

kexodusc
12-20-2007, 11:59 AM
On my first day of Christmas... pa gave to me, Some parts to a Mustang GT. On my second day of Christmas...

LOL...Pretty good. Thanks GM.

basite
12-20-2007, 12:13 PM
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=25135
I thought only oldsters like me had bad memories.

yes yes, but a new even bigger xmas and newyear party :cornut:

Rich-n-Texas
12-20-2007, 12:42 PM
As long as I can bring my girls.

basite
12-20-2007, 12:50 PM
sure you can, and more girls if you want to :p

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

GMichael
12-20-2007, 12:50 PM
As long as I can bring my girls.

FYI Tex,

I don't really know these ladies that well. We only just met.

Merry Christmas.

Rich-n-Texas
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
FYI Tex,

I don't really know these ladies that well. We only just met.

Merry Christmas.
Must be something wrong with them. :sad:

GMichael
12-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Must be something wrong with them. :sad:

Not that I know of. They seem very hot. They just said that I wasn't their type. Oh well. They can't ALL like me.
They seem to like you though. Why ask why?

Rich-n-Texas
12-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm being set up for something AGAIN! I'm sure of it. :sosp:

GMichael
12-20-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm being set up for something AGAIN! I'm sure of it. :sosp:

It's just a plain old Merry Christmas from me to you. But I expect a full report on what I missed out on.

JohnMichael
12-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. May you all have peaceful times surrounded by loving family.

ForeverAutumn
12-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

Wishes of happiness to all my friends here at AR during this holiday season and always.

Groundbeef
12-20-2007, 04:39 PM
* Groundbeef finally broke down and bought a PS3

Too much eggnog? I've not gotten a PS3. And if I had a greenie to give, I would. But alas, my gun is broken.

topspeed
12-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Merry Christmas to you too Speedy. I promise I'll no longer refer to you as Imslo OR Itsbroke again. Sound good? Well, the new 'puter got here today and should be humming along by this weekend. Imslo no more :thumbsup:

Funny you should bring up "Itsbroke"...the M just got a complete new tranny today. 30,000 miles on the odo.

Thousand.

Miles.

You know what BMW stands for? Buy My Wreck :incazzato:

Too much eggnog? I've not gotten a PS3. And if I had a greenie to give, I would. But alas, my gun is brokenJus' wanna see if you're paying attention, GB. :D

Rich-n-Texas
12-21-2007, 05:01 AM
Well, the new 'puter got here today and should be humming along by this weekend. Imslo no more :thumbsup:
Good! When you're up and running, download the "Crysis" demo from here: http://www.crysisdemo.com/download.htm

There's a list in the middle of the screen showing mirror sites (watch out, some of the sites make you register), just pick one and let 'er rip.

Funny you should bring up "Itsbroke"...the M just got a complete new tranny today. 30,000 miles on the odo.

Thousand.

Miles.

You know what BMW stands for? Buy My Wreck :incazzato:

O
U
C
H
!!!

basite
12-21-2007, 05:22 AM
Good! When you're up and running, download the "Crysis" demo from here: http://www.crysisdemo.com/download.htm

There's a list in the middle of the screen showing mirror sites (watch out, some of the sites make you register), just pick one and let 'er rip.

have you tried Crysis? How was it?

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

GMichael
12-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Too much eggnog? I've not gotten a PS3. And if I had a greenie to give, I would. But alas, my gun is broken.

I thought I had missed something.

Rich-n-Texas
12-21-2007, 06:56 AM
BUSTED!!! :biggrin5:

Not yet. I've been working with Wolfenstein; was able to connect to your server last night, but only hung around as an observer. I need to better understand the game's higher level controls, especially how to enter the game when I get a question asking if I want to join in.

Crysis is a DirectX10 game so Speedy will be able to take full advantage of that API's latest incarnation. I'm envying him on that account, but the game will still work with DX9 so I'm going to d/l it over the weekend.

Rich-n-Texas
12-21-2007, 06:58 AM
I thought I had missed something.
You did. You didn't upgrade your PC to play these amazing games.

basite
12-21-2007, 07:12 AM
BUSTED!!! :biggrin5:

Not yet. I've been working with Wolfenstein; was able to connect to your server last night, but only hung around as an observer. I need to better understand the game's higher level controls, especially how to enter the game when I get a question asking if I want to join in.

PM me if you need help :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

GMichael
12-21-2007, 07:15 AM
You did. You didn't upgrade your PC to play these amazing games.

Can't really play many games at work.
At home I don't use the computer much. Feels like work to me.

Rich-n-Texas
12-21-2007, 07:27 AM
...At home I don't use the computer much. Feels like work to me.
Yes I noticed but I thought it was because of the WAF. No computer after school, not allowed out on weekends... etc. :smilewinkgrin:

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Happy Holidays to all of my AR pals. It is good to be back here posting and having fun with such cool people I have known for quite a while.

I will be enjoying christmas once again from the land where all men are arrogant, never admit they are wrong, full of themselves and PS wife would never marry (Don't know whether we should be sad or glad about that). Good ole Puerto Rico. I am taking a 14 day cruise with my two boys in the warm waters of the carribean all the way to Trinidad. I will pop my head in to see what new toys everyone got for Christmas.

basite
12-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Have fun SirTTT, hope you enjoy the cruise :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Woochifer
12-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks for starting the thread Speedy!

Merry Christmas to everybody on the board from the Bay Area! Yes, it's been quite a year ... no additions or upgrades on the audio/video front, but plenty to be thankful for with our rather significant familial "upgrade"! Amazing how the toy shopping this season switched over to the actual toys section, rather than the electronics section browsing from years past. :)

As far as our little bundle of joy goes, she just turned 7 months old! :eek: Just started sitting up a few weeks ago, and is getting increasingly mobile and vocal by the day. This year she'll be celebrating her first Christmas, and first visit from Santa (since, of course she's been perfect from Day One). In the meantime, enjoy the holiday season and all the best for the new year!

P.S. I tagged a couple our latest baby pics, enjoy!

Feanor
12-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Everyone have a great one, and thanks for a great year at AR

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-24-2007, 02:14 PM

Merry Christmas to everybody on the board from the Bay Area! Yes, it's been quite a year ... no additions or upgrades on the audio/video front, but plenty to be thankful for with our rather significant familial "upgrade"! Amazing how the toy shopping this season switched over to the actual toys section, rather than the electronics section browsing from years past. :)

As far as our little bundle of joy goes, she just turned 7 months old! :eek: Just started sitting up a few weeks ago, and is getting increasingly mobile and vocal by the day. This year she'll be celebrating her first Christmas, and first visit from Santa (since, of course she's been perfect from Day One). In the meantime, enjoy the holiday season and all the best for the new year!

Wooch, your baby girl is cute as hell. Dude, you need to get here out of that sinful tired looking Bruins outfit, and get her something cool like some USC Trojan threads. LOLOL

bobsticks
12-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Wooch, your daughter is full of life, and look at that smile! Nice work.

Terrence, enjoy your trip and know that most of us are up here in the cold and generally resentful over your timely trip :cornut:

More on topic, this month marks the two year point with my involvement with AR. Thanks to all of you characters for enriching my knowledge about this passtime and sharing with me your musical adventures. It may seem like a small thing to some but this passion we share brings peace to my otherwise chaotic life and I feel much more spiritually wealthy for it.

Merry Christmas to all!

Rich-n-Texas
12-24-2007, 06:31 PM
How many beers are you up to Bobby?

Me? I'm on my forth Margarita.

BTW, Ribeye steaks on the grill for dinner tomorrow!

:biggrin5:

basite
12-25-2007, 02:15 AM
Merry Christmas AR, and a happy newyear :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

sgt bass08
12-25-2007, 03:42 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2216/9856034/18567112/294708795.jpg

Rich-n-Texas
12-25-2007, 04:06 AM
HAPPY CHRISTMAS
By John & Yoko Lennon

<O:p</O:p
So this is Christmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young

A very Merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

And so this is Christmas
For weak and for strong
For rich and the poor ones
The world is so wrong
And so happy Christmas
For black and for white
For yellow and red ones
Let's stop all the fight

A very Merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Without any fear

And so this is Christmas
And what have we done
Another year over
A new one just begun
And so happy Christmas
We hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young

A very Merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Without any fear

Happy Christmas!

sgt bass08
12-25-2007, 04:11 AM
[QUOTE=Rich-n-Texas]HAPPY CHRISTMAS
By John & Yoko Lennon

Nice Poem :) makes it feel nice and chrismasy.

audio amateur
12-25-2007, 04:31 AM
Happy Christmas to all. I hope you're all having a good time spent with family and friends.
Don't forget to 'keep them spinning' with good xmas tunes:)

GMichael
12-26-2007, 06:51 AM

Oh, a happy baby! You gotta love that.
Congrats and Merry Christmas Wooch.

Merry Christmas to all of my cyber family here on AR. Did everyone have a great time?

Rich-n-Texas
12-26-2007, 10:57 AM
I had an excellent Christmas. One of my niece's and I buryed the hatchet and spent the afternoon and evening together at my house. Some before dinner Maragitas, then Ribeye steaks cooked on the grill (temp outside was about 65 degrees), fresh steamed broccoli and twice cooked potatoes rounded out the dinner menu. Some Ghirardelli chocolates for desert. The evening's entertainment concluded with a viewing of "I'm Batman".

Great day indeed!

bobsticks
12-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Merry Christmas to all of my cyber family here on AR. Did everyone have a great time?

Too good. I'm still a bit fragile even at this late hour, but a good time was had by all.

GMichael
12-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Too good. I'm still a bit fragile even at this late hour, but a good time was had by all.

Water.
Drink lots of water.

bobsticks
12-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Vitamin B-12, my friend and lots of it...and Somas if I could find any. I think I sprained a knee doing the "Carlton Dance" atop a rustic asian credenza, but that's just a rumor.

Bernd
12-27-2007, 03:25 AM
Vitamin B-12, my friend and lots of it...and Somas if I could find any. I think I sprained a knee doing the "Carlton Dance" atop a rustic asian credenza, but that's just a rumor.

I heard about that. Is it not true?

We had a great time. Dinner turned out well and I got some fantastic new books. Some old friend from Berlin come over as a surprise. Fantastic.
Too much to drink and eat. Had a great day hunting yesterday.
Hope everyone else had a good time.

Peace

:16:

P.S. making tart au citron # 5 & # 6 at the moment.

GMichael
12-27-2007, 06:21 AM
P.S. making tart au citron # 5 & # 6 at the monent.

FYI,

My wife and dad keep eating these faster than I can make them. Maybe I should go for the two at a time method also.:idea:

ForeverAutumn
12-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Hmmm. I don't know where the time has gone this year. I've managed to toss together two batches of cookies this year and that is all! I really need to find some time to make a tart this weekend.

I had a great Christmas. Santa was good to me. We had a great evening with my family last Saturday (we always get together early and leave Xmas day open to spend with our in-laws) and another great evening with my husband's family on Christmas day. Too much food and drink. But the good news is that after a two month bout of bronchitis, last week I finally got the thumbs up from my doctor to return to the gym so at least I can now work off all those Christmas cookies and chocolates. :)

Now that Xmas is done, is it too early to wish everyone a happy new year?!

ForeverAutumn
12-27-2007, 07:32 AM
I had an excellent Christmas. One of my niece's and I buryed the hatchet and spent the afternoon and evening together at my house. Some before dinner Maragitas, then Ribeye steaks cooked on the grill (temp outside was about 65 degrees), fresh steamed broccoli and twice cooked potatoes rounded out the dinner menu. Some Ghirardelli chocolates for desert. The evening's entertainment concluded with a viewing of "I'm Batman".

Great day indeed!

Hey Rich, that's great news! Congats on the buried hatchet. It's always nice to hear stories with happy endings like that.

ForeverAutumn
12-27-2007, 07:35 AM

That's one beautiful kid you've got there Wooch. I always think that its a testament to good parenting when a baby is able light up a room with a smile like that. Kids are honest...they don't smile unless they mean it. Good work. :thumbsup:

Rich-n-Texas
12-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Hey Rich, that's great news! Congats on the buried hatchet. It's always nice to hear stories with happy endings like that.
Thanks FA. My nieces and I were in a disagreement over... my sister/their mother, who I'm not speaking to. :mad2:

It's also nice that you're speaking to me again. :smilewinkgrin:

ForeverAutumn
12-27-2007, 09:04 AM
It's also nice that you're speaking to me again. :smilewinkgrin:

Huh? :confused5:

Rich-n-Texas
12-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Huh? :confused5:

:smilewinkgrin: <== sarcastic remark FA. Just me being :18: .

JohnMichael
12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Family was mostly all together which is nice. What I got the biggest kick out of was my brother's two teenaged sons sharing some raunchy jokes. At 16 and 19 they were in their glory. They were surprised their Uncle JohnMichael knew all the punch lines. Little did they know I have been telling offensive jokes for years.

GMichael
01-09-2008, 07:26 AM
Christmas is gone. Anyway Happy New Year to all the members of this family.

Welcome to our family.