Hello anyone, I am dan6791 and this is my first visit. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello anyone, I am dan6791 and this is my first visit.

dan6791
12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
hello,

I have a sony turntable ps-lx250h and the belt came off. Could anyone please tell me how to put it back on. Thank you so much. You need to know I am not good at this so ex plain it simple as possible

JohnMichael
12-18-2007, 04:38 PM
hello,

I have a sony turntable ps-lx250h and the belt came off. Could anyone please tell me how to put it back on. Thank you so much. You need to know I am not good at this so ex plain it simple as possible

Dan welcome to AudioReview.

I have some answers along with some questions. First remove the turntable mat. When you look at the platter underneath the mat you should see two holes. Do you see the belt around the inner section of platter? If you do you can stretch the belt to the motor pulley. Line up the one of the holes in the platter close to the motor and with a finger stretch the belt to the motor shaft. When you look through the holes is the belt laying loose? If it is you will have to remove the metal platter. This is done by putting a finger from both hands and lifting the platter. As you lift the platter you may need to place a thumb on the bearing shaft if the platter is hard to remove. Then pick up the belt and place around the inner platter. Put the platter back on the bearing shaft and then stretch the belt to the motor. If the belt fell off because it is stretched it is time for a new belt. If this is the case try www.turntablebasics.com for a new belt or Sony.

If you have any other questions or need clarification feel free to ask.

GMichael
12-19-2007, 06:25 AM
This is the post I tried to submit yesterday but failed:

"Hello Dan,

I do not know the answer to your question, but I want to welcome you to AR. I'm sure that JM or another will be along shortly to help you with this.

Mike"

Now it seems that JM has already come to your rescue.

herm0016
12-19-2007, 04:31 PM
welcome to AR. looks like your question already got answered.