I always disliked listening to cds on my PC... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I always disliked listening to cds on my PC...

Swish
12-18-2007, 05:35 AM
...but I finally replace my cheap, lightning damaged Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers with a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 set, and I think I'll be listening a lot more going forward. While I'm not going to rant and rave about the 'fantastic' sound they provide, they're a huge step in the right direction. If you didn't know, I work from my home and sit in front of my PC nearly every day. I can't listen at very loud levels because I'm on the phone frequently, but I wish I'd done this a lot sooner.

Swish

Rich-n-Texas
12-18-2007, 06:50 AM
I upgraded my old BA 2.1's to Logitech Z-640 5.1's, and then finally to Z-5500's and man, I wish I could get my HT system to sound that good. I have good accoustics and the right size room for my home PC, and sometimes I spend an entire Friday night in there with some drinks and a lot of iTunes cranked.

Swish
12-18-2007, 06:59 AM
I upgraded my old BA 2.1's to Logitech Z-640 5.1's, and then finally to Z-5500's and man, I wish I could get my HT system to sound that good. I have good accoustics and the right size room for my home PC, and sometimes I spend an entire Friday night in there with some drinks and a lot of iTunes cranked.

That was a lot of fun watching Lito shut down that jackarse T.O. and the entire defense making Romo look like a chump in front of his new girlfriend. I was ready to toss my TV across the room if they showed her one more friggin' time. It wasn't quite as much fun as the stomping they put on them last year, but it came close. Is it just me or does the sports media have some love affair with that team? I really get tired of all the accolades they're throwing at them.

Swish - that felt good

Rich-n-Texas
12-18-2007, 07:19 AM
That was a lot of fun watching Lito shut down that jackarse T.O. and the entire defense making Romo look like a chump in front of his new girlfriend. I was ready to toss my TV across the room if they showed her one more friggin' time. It wasn't quite as much fun as the stomping they put on them last year, but it came close. Is it just me or does the sports media have some love affair with that team? I really get tired of all the accolades they're throwing at them.

Swish - that felt good
Okay, I'll follow your lead...
I've never lost faith in the fact that the Eagles are historically a pounding defense oriented team that rise to any occasion regardless of personnel or injuries, and Jim Johnson is a master! You'll notice how pissed off TO was when they put the camera on him while on the sidelines. Recently, when the local news media is interviewing him he's all about the TEAM, but it sure doesn't look that way during the game when he's not getting the ball ya know? The Eagles put the hurtin' on a LOT of Cowboys on Sunday which is great, and compound that with the fact that they don't have good December records and who knows what could happen in January.

Is it just me or does the sports media have some love affair with that team? I really get tired of all the accolades they're throwing at them.
Uhh... Has it ever been any other way?

The way I understand it, if the Vikings lost last night the Eagles still have a glimmer of hope for the playoffs right? Who won last night's game?

Who's going to be the starting QB for the Eagles next year?

3-LockBox
12-18-2007, 08:25 AM

Swish - that felt good

Looks like its time for another December swoon from Romo. Same thing happened last year after Romo choked in front of Carry Underwear.

Rich-n-Texas
12-18-2007, 10:24 AM
It's eventually going to come out that he's gay.

GMichael
12-18-2007, 10:31 AM
I must be out of the loop. Who is his new girlfriend?

Oh, and congrats on the new speakers Swish.

Ex Lion Tamer
12-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Okay, I'll follow your lead...
I've never lost faith in the fact that the Eagles are historically a pounding defense oriented team that rise to any occasion regardless of personnel or injuries, and Jim Johnson is a master! You'll notice how pissed off TO was when they put the camera on him while on the sidelines. Recently, when the local news media is interviewing him he's all about the TEAM, but it sure doesn't look that way during the game when he's not getting the ball ya know? The Eagles put the hurtin' on a LOT of Cowboys on Sunday which is great, and compound that with the fact that they don't have good December records and who knows what could happen in January.

Uhh... Has it ever been any other way?

The way I understand it, if the Vikings lost last night the Eagles still have a glimmer of hope for the playoffs right? Who won last night's game?

Who's going to be the starting QB for the Eagles next year?

My Vikings won! Sorry GrampaSwish.

Oh, and did you see the recent AbsoluteSound? Decent write-up of three or four computer speaker sytems. I thnk the Aego system by Acoustic Energy was the winner

Swish
12-18-2007, 01:40 PM
I must be out of the loop. Who is his new girlfriend?

Oh, and congrats on the new speakers Swish.

They kept showing here sitting there with a Cowgirls jersey on and talking about how Tony Romo has it so good and all. Then he falls flat on his face. You gotta LOVE IT!

Swish

Swish
12-18-2007, 01:44 PM
My Vikings won! Sorry GrampaSwish.

Oh, and did you see the recent AbsoluteSound? Decent write-up of three or four computer speaker sytems. I thnk the Aego system by Acoustic Energy was the winner

Fantastic.

Didn't see the AbsoluteSound report. These things only cost me $90.00 on ebay. Found a set that was new but with an 'opened box', so they were greatly reduced. They look perfect and sound great, warranty info is in the box...everything. I saved about $50 or so and am very happy. I wonder what the Aego system goes for?

Grandpa Swish

3-LockBox
12-18-2007, 02:15 PM
It's eventually going to come out that he's gay.

Maybe he's Brazilian, where the R is sometimes pronounced like an H (see Royce Gracie: pronounced Hoyce).

Rich-n-Texas
12-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Good catch 3LB! :thumbsup:

bobsticks
12-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Fantastic.

Didn't see the AbsoluteSound report. These things only cost me $90.00 on ebay. Found a set that was new but with an 'opened box', so they were greatly reduced. They look perfect and sound great, warranty info is in the box...everything. I saved about $50 or so and am very happy. I wonder what the Aego system goes for?

Grandpa Swish

Nice find, Swishy. I bought one of these for my mom last year and she's rockin' the house. I was surprised by how decent this unit is and she's using it to it's fullest. I was gonna buy her some Handel and Dvorak as stocking stuffers until I got an e-mail yesterday saying she'd ordered some Sigur Ros from Amazon. Pretty hip for a woman in her sixties.

johnny p
12-19-2007, 01:03 PM
BROWNIES IN THE PLAYOFFS...........

*maybe* !!!!