Yamaha RX V1500 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha RX V1500

dhullett
12-17-2007, 03:03 PM
After 2 yrs I'm suddenly have problems with it going into protect mode. Took it in and was told the ground connections were poor. Was resoldiered. Lasted 6 wks than the same thing took it back again couldn't find anything. Worked OK for 3 days than back into protect mode. tried disconnecting componets 1 at a time, same with the speakers. Also checked the speakers resistance. nothing helped. Finally it hung up while trying to change inputs. Took it in again and they replaced the DSP this time. got it back 3 wks ago & now its back to the same thing-turn it on & in 3sec. in goes into protect and shuts off. HELP!

L.J.
12-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Umm maybe it's time for a new unit. Is this under warranty?

Rich-n-Texas
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
or ummm... maybe it's time for a new repair shop? Before you go broke?

pixelthis
12-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Had the same problem with a RXV-750
Would shut off like that when I first got it. CHECKED THE SPEAKER CABLES,
(USING BARE WIRE) redid them and it worked fine for a few years.
Then it started again. And wouldnt crank back up.
The repair guy said it was a leaky capacitor on the digital board, which made sense.
Because when the prob first started it would take longer to shut off with analog sources playing.
Try some analog source and see if that makes a difference, check your speakers and make sure that a tiny strand of wire isnt shorting to ground( the back plate)
I dont know what has happened to Yamaha, they never had ANY QC problems,
they cram so much into receivers nowadays...
For a receiver at this price point they owe you, check the warranty:1:

dhullett
12-18-2007, 03:10 PM
The unit is 2 1/2 yrs old. I did check all the cables and redid all the connections - it helped the 1st time this happened but only lasted about 3 days

pixelthis
12-19-2007, 01:40 AM
The unit is 2 1/2 yrs old. I did check all the cables and redid all the connections - it helped the 1st time this happened but only lasted about 3 days
Sometimes all you can get is revenge.
My current receiver is an Integra built by ONKYO.
My first receiver was a stereo model from Yamaha , 35 wpc, not bad in those days,
traded it for a top of the line denon.
When I reentered higher end audio I went with Yammy again.
The quality was disapointing to say the least.
So I wont buy another, and explain my choices to those who will listen
My RXV-750 had some QC and ergonomic problems, good thing I dont listen to radio because I never did get the controls on the radio down.
My Integra is more expensive, but a better receiver than the extra expense would dictate.
I took a bath on the Yamaha, but havent regretted deep-sixing it a bit.
THEIR lame rxv-750 cost me, but it cost THEM in several thousand dollars worth of sales
they lost, 1200 bucks in the receiver I wound up buying, 400 bucks in the dvd player I Bought from some one else
Building crap is expensive, because it loses customers:1: