home theater receiver pioneer 5.1 with logitech subwoofer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : home theater receiver pioneer 5.1 with logitech subwoofer

sundarvarad
12-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Hello all,
I recently got my pioneer 5.1 receiver and had it set up. But i dont have any sub woofer. I have my logitech subwoofer (which i got it earlier) which is more used for Connecting laptops/ desktops. I was just wondering whether i could use the logitech sub woofer with the receiver. the logictech sub woofer has got RCA connections too.

or, should i go for new sub woofer. if so, which one is best and cheaper? :idea:

please let me know

Thanks
Sundar

johnny p
12-17-2007, 10:27 AM
the Logictech is not going to impress you if you have it in anything larger than a closet.... that being said, you've got it, it's free.... plug it in, and get ready to go shopping...... here's the questions:

What speakers are you currently running?

How large is the room?

You're using this for Audio and Video correct?

The sub you choose depends largely on the speakers you're using now.... if you're using a tiny $100 satelite set, then I'd just use the Sub you have.... if you have large floor-standers, that sub will be pointless.

sundarvarad
12-17-2007, 10:43 AM
johnny,
Thanks a lot for your immediate response. I have my speakers in my living room and its bigger than a closet, but not larger.

I use logitech speakers that came along with my subwoofer.

BTW, here is my another question. My reciever has one RCA input for sub woofer. Where as my subwoofer has got the RCA jacks for front (R/L), center, surrond(R/L). which one should i use?

will this not blew off my reciever if i use logitech sub woofer?

Thanks,
Sundar

sgt bass08
12-17-2007, 10:50 AM
hi i wouldnt really use the logitech subwoofer it will spoil your amps potential if you are looking for a good cheap subwoofer i would use the paradigm PDR 10 its a excellent little sub for the money:) works well on most things music films etc etc :)

sgt bass08
12-17-2007, 10:57 AM
johnny,
Thanks a lot for your immediate response. I have my speakers in my living room and its bigger than a closet, but not larger.

I use logitech speakers that came along with my subwoofer.

BTW, here is my another question. My reciever has one RCA input for sub woofer. Where as my subwoofer has got the RCA jacks for front (R/L), center, surrond(R/L). which one should i use?

will this not blew off my reciever if i use logitech sub woofer?

Thanks,
Sundar

hi i think it will be any of the rca front (R/L) jacks on your subwoofer :cornut:

sgt bass08
12-17-2007, 11:34 AM
The sub you choose depends largely on the speakers you're using now.... if you're using a tiny $100 satelite set, then I'd just use the Sub you have.... if you have large floor-standers, that sub will be pointless.[/QUOTE]

dude thats not true something like a 10ich subwoofer like the PDR-10 can be set to match floorstands or bookshelfs and even sattitles speakers room size doesent really mean much if you are using a active subwoofer you can just change your crossover setting to match the speakers or the size of your room :16:

sundarvarad
12-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Thanks for your reply. I will try it out and let you know.

BTW, can you tell me where can i shop for sub woofers. i live in US. i m looking for subs in the range of $100-$150

L.J.
12-18-2007, 07:27 AM
Can you turn a screwdriver? Can't go wrong with this.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-762

markw
12-18-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm sure my buddy L.J. simply clicked on the wrong link. This is most likely what he meant.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-635

johnny p
12-18-2007, 09:11 AM
yeah.... the first one would hit the budget pretty hard! I'm confused about the speakers he's currently using though... all logitech's? I'm not aware of HT by them.

johnny p
12-18-2007, 09:12 AM
you're not using something like this are you?

http://www.buy.com/prod/logitech-x-540-speaker-system-5-1-speaker-system/q/loc/111/202985108.html?adid=17873&dcaid=17873

sundarvarad
12-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi,
Yes you are right. My speakers and sub woofers are this.

can i use this one to connect my receivers till I shop around for better sub woofer

markw
12-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Hi,
Yes you are right. My speakers and sub woofers are this.

can i use this one to connect my receivers till I shop around for better sub wooferHow is this beauty intended to be connectd to the source?

Via one digital cable or six separate audio cables? If it's the former, you're outta luck.

Did you take the center and surrounds and connect them directly to your receiver? I know that will work

sundarvarad
12-18-2007, 10:53 AM
via, 6 seperate audio cables.

I connected the speakers to the receiever. question is how to use my logitech sub woofer with receiver. i will try it over this weekend and let you know

markw
12-18-2007, 11:25 AM
via, 6 seperate audio cables.I'm assuming you have six analog input jacks on the subwoofer, right?

Now all you need is a cable with an RCA plug on one end and a mono jack to match the input jack for the subwoofer on the other end. I'd look at Radio Shack for these but go with whatever works for you.

From what I can see, that SHOULD work, but no guarantees.

Make dang sure you set your speakers to "small"

johnny p
12-18-2007, 02:21 PM
There's no "B" speaker inputs on the back of the receiver to connect the sub to? I'm curious, I might be missing something, but if you don't have a place to connect this sub, how will you connect a different one? If there are speaker "B" on the back, try that.