Wilco sold out in less than 1 hour? Son of a... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wilco sold out in less than 1 hour? Son of a...

Swish
12-15-2007, 08:10 AM
...beyotch!

I hate Ticketmaster to begin with, now I hate them even more. I was primed to buy 8 seats at the Tower (Philly) for the Feb. 23rd show. I had my browser set just before 10AM but, when I tried to locate tickets, I kept getting 'nothing available', over and over again. I did notice a spot to place my "American Express Gold" information. One problem though, I don't have an Am Ex card, so I was s.o.o.l.

I finally called Ticketmaster and, after hitting redial about 50 times, got through and was poised to place my order but was put on hold for about 10 minutes. When a very nice woman did answer, she told me no tickets were available. She sounded a bit disconcerted, so I think if I were an "American Express Gold" customer, she could have sold me tickets. What a sham. I checked their other shows and there is nothing else anywhere close to me, so I guess I'm screwed. I did see them a couple years ago, but I really wanted to see this show. To say I'm ticked is putting it mildly.

Swish

Slosh
12-15-2007, 09:22 AM
My brother in Albany got tickets at the door 1/2 hour before showtime and said it was one of the best shows he has seen in a long time. His wife even went on about it and she didn't even know who Wilco were prior to the show (although she did recognize some songs from my brother playing them at home, and from the Vee-Dub ads). Guess it all depends on where ya are.

Mr MidFi
12-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Tickets for their 5-night "winter residency" at the Riviera Theater in Chicago went on sale Saturday at 10:00. If it wasn't for my wife's cat-like typing skills, we would have been SOL. As far as I could tell, everything was gone by 10:08.

But I am now the proud owner of 3 general admission tickies for the Tuesday, 2/19 show. We've never seen them before, so this should be interesting.

They're playing every song they've ever recorded during the 5 nights, so each night's set list is 100% different. Hope we get a lot of YHF and Being There songs at our show...

johnny p
12-17-2007, 09:56 AM
They're playing in my section of the world on 2/22 I can walk to the Venue.... but I've never heard what they play. I'm gonna try to find some stuff via. Archive.org and if I find anything, and it's good, then I'll check them out.

Swish
12-18-2007, 03:57 PM
They're playing in my section of the world on 2/22 I can walk to the Venue.... but I've never heard what they play. I'm gonna try to find some stuff via. Archive.org and if I find anything, and it's good, then I'll check them out.

Dude, yer killin' me! What rock have you been hiding under? Ok, I calmed down now. This is probably my favorite band of the last 10 years or so. Do you think they would sell out a venue like the Tower in Philly in less than one hour if they weren't? The Tower isn't huge, but it's not small either.

Jeff Tweedy = Genius

Go see them and enjoy. If you don't like the show, I'll refund your ticket price.

Swish

Swish
12-18-2007, 03:59 PM

...along with 7 others on the first leg of the tour, and I would expect the rest will follow. You don't know what you're missing my friend.

Swish

bobsticks
12-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Hey Sweet Swisher Swishy,

Can I assume you have a copy of Kicking Television:Live in Chicago? I recently procured said disc, and while I would presume that you have everything from your favorite band other than Rush, 'tis available if you're in need.

Swish
12-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey Sweet Swisher Swishy,

Can I assume you have a copy of Kicking Television:Live in Chicago? I recently procured said disc, and while I would presume that you have everything from your favorite band other than Rush, 'tis available if you're in need.

...because I don't have it. I'll have to take some time to come up with a few surprises for you soon.

Grassy as<a>s senor.

Swish Daddy

Mr MidFi
12-19-2007, 07:03 AM
...because I don't have it. I'll have to take some time to come up with a few surprises for you soon.

Grassy as<a>s senor.

Swish Daddy

I have to say, I generally don't like live albums...but this one is well worth having. Well recorded, good song selection, enthusiastic audience, solid performances...great stuff. The A Ghost Is Born songs really come alive.