Guest What? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Guest What?

PeruvianSkies
12-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Not sure about anyone else, but Christopher Guest is one of the more successful actor-turned directors, especially in the comedy world and even though his films are not huge blockbusters, he certainly has a knack for his mockumentaries. So which film do you think is his best to date????

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0310281/mighty.jpg

johnny p
12-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Waiting for Guffman..... best one I've seen from the list.

Troy
12-14-2007, 09:12 AM
The only one of those I haven't seen is Almost Heroes, though, judging by the description, I don't think I missed that much. Chris Farley? Never understood the attraction of this 4th rate John Candy/John Belushi. He's just not funny, only pathetic and grotesque, especially with the knowledge of the fate of those other 2 manic, cokehead, fat comedians. He doesn't make me laugh, he makes me feel sorry for him.

The other moves though, all outstanding. I picked Best In Show because it's the most consistently funny of the bunch. Each of the other films has some screamingly funny scenes though.

I know Guest didn't direct it, but Spinal Tap really was the first of these hilarious mocumentaries, setting the stage for Guest to make these other films.

Though few saw it, The Big Picture is one of my favorite movies about Hollywood, packed with accurately pretentious characters. It's a very fun, very 80s rental.

jim goulding
12-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Best In Show.

PeruvianSkies
12-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Best In Show.

Fred Willard stole the show on that film!!! The DVD has some great deleted scenes with him that are just priceless!!!