Wow, Porcupine Tree gets a Grammy nomination! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Porcupine Tree gets a Grammy nomination!

Davey
12-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I thought some of you were getting too mainstream in your old age :)

Swish
12-10-2007, 05:55 AM
I thought some of you were getting too mainstream in your old age :)

Nice job on the Holiday comp by the way. Need to check out those Caribou and Blanche ceedees. And the new pj is starting to get under my skin. Heard part of an interview with her last Friday on Left of Center, a Sirius indie/alt station. I could listen to her talk for hours on end and never grow weary.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
12-10-2007, 08:17 AM
That's just messed up!

Davey
12-10-2007, 08:46 AM
That's just messed up!

Must've been worried about maintaining your spectacular aura, eh?

:)

ForeverAutumn
12-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Must've been worried about maintaining your spectacular aura, eh?

:)

O.K. I'm busted. That's not what my original post said, but I went back and changed it.

That's ****ED up.

Is that better? :)

Davey
12-10-2007, 09:19 AM
That's ****ED up.

Hehehe, they should've had Porcupine Tree play the Superbowl instead of those geriatric and crusty old Heartbreakers that Petty drags around. Now that would be insanely ****ed up!

:ihih:

kexodusc
12-10-2007, 10:12 AM
You guys are so badass. :devil:

Wasn't In Absentia nominated for a Grammy in some obscure multi-channel category too?
Wonder if they'll get mentioned at all during the broadcast?

Davey
12-10-2007, 10:25 AM
You guys are so badass. :devil:

Just for the record, I'd like it noted that the lady in the Geddy Lee shirt with the strange aura about her is the one that started the improper exchange. I'm normally much more polite with my language, as I'm sure all here will attest to.

:aureola:

ForeverAutumn
12-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Just for the record, I'd like it noted that the lady in the Geddy Lee shirt with the strange aura about her is the one that started the improper exchange. I'm normally much more polite with my language, as I'm sure all here will attest to.

:aureola:

And I used to be on such a distinguished road... (sigh)

Troy
12-10-2007, 02:39 PM
"Wow, Porcupine Tree gets a Grammy nomination!"

Well, I still like them anyway.

kexodusc
12-10-2007, 03:00 PM
"Wow, Porcupine Tree gets a Grammy nomination!"

Well, I still like them anyway.

Lol, yeah, does this mean they've officially "sold out"?

Slosh
12-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Hehehe, they should've had Porcupine Tree play the Superbowl instead of those geriatric and crusty old Heartbreakers that Petty drags around.Would they have to extend the half-time show to an hour so PT could squeeze in three songs?

Davey
12-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Nice job on the Holiday comp by the way. Need to check out those Caribou and Blanche ceedees. And the new pj is starting to get under my skin. Heard part of an interview with her last Friday on Left of Center, a Sirius indie/alt station. I could listen to her talk for hours on end and never grow weary.

Swish

Thanks. Always fun to put one of these together, except for the burn problems this year. Ugh. The new PJ does seem to get a lot of love from many of the critics, not so much from fans. I never used to like Desire as much as I do now either, but these days I probably like her more for the lyrics than the music. Just saw that Uncut put White Chalk in their top 3 of 2007 ... but the Feist record is actually the only other one I have in their top 20. I've been mostly wandering the alleys and side streets this year, I guess ...

20 Bruce Springsteen - Magic
19 Feist - The Reminder
18 Voice of the Seven Woods - Voice of the Seven Woods
17 Super Furry Animals - Hey Venus!
16 Grinderman - Grinderman
15 Panda Bear - Person Pitch
14 M.I.A. - Kala
13 Neil Young - Chrome Dreams II
12 Battles - Mirrored
11 Björk - Volta
10 Klaxons - Myths Of The Near Future
09 Radiohead - In Rainbows
08 The White Stripes - Icky Thump
07 The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
06 Robert Wyatt - Comicopera
05 Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
04 Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Raising Sand
03 PJ Harvey - White Chalk
02 Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
01 LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/uncut-put-lcd-soundsytem-1-on-their-list.html

ForeverAutumn
12-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Wow. Arctic Monkeys at number two. I think it's a good album but I didn't think it was that good.

bobsticks
12-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Wow. Arctic Monkeys at number two. I think it's a good album but I didn't think it was that good.

Like any other list we all could question the placement of certain albums, and this one certainly has some Rolling Stone-like characteristics, but I'm not sweatin' it too much. I've seen alot worse...

NP:

http://www.hyperdub.net/untrue.jpg

3-LockBox
12-14-2007, 09:09 AM
I guess I could still like them if they became popular, but...

it just wouldn't be the same.