Screen burn in! What to do with it? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Screen burn in! What to do with it?

Grandpaw
12-08-2007, 06:07 PM
My brother has a 48 inch Mitsubishi rear projection TV with the local channels number and letters burned into the screen. Is there anything that can be done to fix the problem? Jeff

musicman1999
12-08-2007, 06:41 PM
It is not actually burned into the screen, it is burned into one or more of the guns.As far as i know the only way to fix it is to replace the gun or guns or the tv as replacing one of the 3 guns is very expensive.

bill

Grandpaw
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
It is not actually burned into the screen, it is burned into one or more of the guns.As far as i know the only way to fix it is to replace the gun or guns or the tv as replacing one of the 3 guns is very expensive.

bill

Thanks for the info. I was afraid that there wasn't going to be anything he could do but I just had to ask and make sure. Thanks, Jeff

pixelthis
12-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the info. I was afraid that there wasn't going to be anything he could do but I just had to ask and make sure. Thanks, Jeff

There ISNT anything he can do.
The repair price is higher than the replacement price, you can get a crt HDTV
for around 900 bucks, it'll cost at least half that to fix this set, since you'll have to replace all three guns, because I can guareentee ya all three have burn in and if they dont
protocols call for replacing all three , because if you replace one it will be hard to match with two older ones.
YOU MIGHT find someone who wont care much if you lower the price (a lot) and get a few bucks outta it that way.
But theres no way this set is worth fixing.
Sorry:sad:

johnny p
12-11-2007, 07:25 AM
put it in the basement..... it'll give you something to watch the big game on during the poker party..... My neighbor has an old big-screen (nothing wrong with it) that he keeps in his garage for poker parties, etc. I don't think he wife likes having it there, but he has it on a platform, with a pulley system to keep it out of the way when not in use.... His garage isn't heated, so moisture, etc. I'm sure will become a problem, but if you don't care about it, that's another thing!

Grandpaw
12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll give him the bad news, Jeff