I decided [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I decided

SpankingVanillaice
12-08-2007, 09:40 AM
I decide to keep the Altec Lansing BXR1121 since they have a sub and I think the sound is actualy much better since it can go low as 30hz plus I save alot of money and got The Sims 2 Pets to add to my Sims 2 game. The other one I had only goes 50hz which isn't really low bass. I did listen to the other Altec Lasing speakers that cost like $100 but they just have more power but the sound I think is more clean on the ones I got. The only think is mine doesn't go really loud but at low volume it sounds sooo good and clear and good punchy bass I can feel. Very natural sounding speakers. The best one I ever heard for $24.88 I got at Walmart. They are very close to my JBL S26 I use to have but I sold them long time agao.

Here's the specs for the new speakers I got.

http://www.alteclansing.com/images/spec/BXR1121-SELL-SHEET.pdf

http://www.alteclansing.com/index.php?file=north_product_detail&iproduct_id=89

jrhymeammo
12-08-2007, 10:32 AM
YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they have this logo?
http://www.ac-energy.com/images/energy-star.jpg

hornloaded speakers usually come with above stickers. How about your Altec?

Regards,

anamorphic96
12-08-2007, 11:26 AM
These speakers do not goto 30hz. No matter what the specs say. I thought you would have learned by now. I guess not, considering you keep taking backwards steps. The best thing you ever owned where the JBL S26's and now you own crappy computer speakers. What gives ?

audio amateur
12-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Seriously this guy is a joke. Who is it?
There's no way someone can be like this

anamorphic96
12-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Judging from his past posts in the past. It seems he has some sort of mental and or learning disabilities. This is the only explanation for his posts. Along with him admitting his boyfriend has a mental problems. He has probably been sheltered his entire life by his parents due to his disabilities and his only social outlet is probably this site.

JohnMichael
12-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Hey SVI What has been happening?

Vardo
12-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Spanky, good to have you back...I just enjoy reading your posts, quite
entertaining.....vardo

basite
12-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Seriously this guy is a joke. Who is it?
There's no way someone can be like this

do a quick search, in advanced search, search for username, then type spankingvanillaice, then press go.

they can be like this :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Florian
12-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Is the purple cat still sitting under the cotton tree and resting, after having too much magic pixie snot?

audio amateur
12-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Is the purple cat still sitting under the cotton tree and resting, after having too much magic pixie snot?

I must say that thread was indeed absolutely helarious.
On a side note long time no hear Florian. Still lurking eh?

SpankingVanillaice
12-09-2007, 05:00 PM
This is great news my moms good friend ordered a M-Audio BX5a studio monitors and they normaly cost $300 pair but he got them for $225 pair on the net. These are the most expensive speakers I ever got.

Here are some specs for these cool monitors.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudiophileBX5a-focus.html

SpankingVanillaice
12-09-2007, 05:01 PM
So I will return the Altec Lansing since I won't need it anymore and I will be getting my dream speakers. When I got the S26 that was for $150 pair when I found it on the net but the M-Audio speakers aren't that cheap so the cheapest he found was $225 and I helped him find it on Yahoo Shopping.

Luvin Da Blues
12-09-2007, 05:21 PM
This is great news my moms good friend ordered a M-Audio BX5a studio monitors and they normaly cost $300 pair but he got them for $225 pair on the net. These are the most expensive speakers I ever got.

Here are some specs for these cool monitors.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudiophileBX5a-focus.html

Very nice SV...X-Mas came early at your house huh. I see they're studiophile grade..sweet.

SpankingVanillaice
12-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Well it's actualy coming 7 to 10 days from now since it says it's groud shipping so it will come around X-Mas.

Vardo
12-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Nice studio monitors.......but only gonna go down to 56HZ?
Gonna need a sub........link:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-631

Best of luck......vardo

johnny p
12-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Sweetest setup I ever had was when I got a nice deal on a truckload of
Sony MDR-E828LP Fontopia Earbuds, I'll tell you what.... a little creative wiring, and 3,520 pairs (that's 7,040 speakers) of earbuds pasted around the walls creates the ultimate surround experience...... to top it off I ran TEN (10) homemade passive subwoofers by removing the speakers from a wholesale lot of REALISTIC brand Alarm clocks...... around 7:30 every morning my system was SLAMMING......

sorry..... just the quick search I did from the old posts inspired this non-sensical rambling.

Vardo
12-09-2007, 09:16 PM
johnny, I think your post is one of the best I've ever read.........really,
very educational....just, great stuff...vardo

anamorphic96
12-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Nice one SVI. Now your moving forward. Hope you enjoy the speakers.

GMichael
12-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Hey Spanky,

Glad you like them. What kind of music are you playing?

SpankingVanillaice
12-10-2007, 07:44 AM
I have been listening to those bass tester music since I like the bass alot and I have been listening to hip hop and pop hits lately. I do listen to allkinds of music like Remember from Disturbed and a band called YES and some Jazz like Chick Corea and Rick Wakeman and more.

Luvin Da Blues
12-10-2007, 08:12 AM
I have been listening to those bass tester music since I like the bass alot and I have been listening to hip hop and pop hits lately. I do listen to allkinds of music like Remember from Disturbed and a band called YES and some Jazz like Chick Corea and Rick Wakeman and more.

Rick Wakemans great..what albums have you listened to? :cornut:

SpankingVanillaice
12-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Well my fav one from Rick Wakeman is the CD called The Masters Rick Wakeman It has two CDs and has songs like Dance of the elves, Return of the prophet, Three Wives etc. It's a special edition 2 CD collectors gold.

GMichael
12-10-2007, 08:54 AM

I like that band called YES. Chick Corea's not so bad either. Good choices there.

topspeed
12-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Yes is one of the great prog rock bands of all time. Stellar musicianship and layers upon layers of tracks. Great music for great speakers. If you like them, you'd probably like Asia as well. They are like a pop version of Yes, not as challenging but perhaps a bit more melodic with more pop-friendly hooks. Give 'em a listen.

Congrats on your new speakers, Spanky. Enjoy them.

SpankingVanillaice
12-10-2007, 01:58 PM
I found a dealer that sells the BX5a and yes the highs are clear but I do have to say that the cheap Altec Lansing speakers aren't really that bad compaired to them I acutaly think I hear more low end on the Altec Lansing speakers since it has a sub. Yes the overall is more clear sound on the BX5a but I mean for $24.88 on Walmart for the Altec Lansing they sound great and very clear. So the Altec Lansing BXR1121 isn't bad speakers as you say they are meaing just because they are cheap doesn't mean they are bad. They don't go loud as the M-Audio ones but I was still impressed that the Altec Lansing sound good too.

SpankingVanillaice
12-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Tom has already ordered the BX5a so they are coming but I still really like the Altec lansing. Best $24.88 speakers I heard so far.

SpankingVanillaice
12-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I think that probley if I ever do get enough money which I don't think I will but if I get a sub for the M-Audio then it would be the best sounding system ever since it will have alot of lows and clear pro highs. But if I just compair the BX5a it self and the Altec Lansing one I think the Altec Lansing has alot more deep punchy bass since it has sub. Since I listen to those bass tester type music alot the Altec Lansing sounds alot better since it has alot of low end so overall I still like the Altec Lansing alot. But when I get the M-Audio speakers I will return the Altec Lansing since I don't need two sets of speakers in my room.

emorphien
12-11-2007, 04:54 PM
oh lord, he's back

and he's comparing $30 crappy computer speakers to $300ish monitors

audio amateur
12-11-2007, 05:01 PM
oh lord, he's back

and he's comparing $30 crappy computer speakers to $300ish monitors

Don't we all know that's the story of his life?

johnny p
12-12-2007, 05:52 AM
What are the new speakers rated at?

(sorry couldn't resist) http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=21220

N. Abstentia
12-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Tom has already ordered the BX5a so they are coming but I still really like the Altec lansing. Best $24.88 speakers I heard so far.

How many $24.88 speakers have you heard?

noddin0ff
12-12-2007, 09:10 AM
*snif* good times...good times...

Hey SVI, what happened to your web pages?

SpankingVanillaice
12-12-2007, 10:08 AM
You guys seem like you never heard the Altec Lansing BXR1121 before but for there price they are the best. But yes I do like the sound of the M-Audio ones alot more but I mean of cource they are going to sound better since they cost ALOT more. But for $30 man the BXR1121 is the best at low volumes. The other speakers this price range have 10% THD and the BXR1121 has only 8% THD on the speakers that make the highs and mids. That's what I thought was amazing and then second the sub goes really low bass and very natural sound for a 4in which is amazing. But eather way it seems like your guys never use affordable speakers for people like me who don't have alot of money. Of cource if you compair these to a speaker that you guys have that costs 100s of dollars or more they will sound ALOT better. But I don't have money like that maybe in the future I can get a better one than the new M-Audio BX5a I' am getting soon. But I highly don't think I will get a better one since then I will need more money. Getting the BX5a from M-Audio is already the best best speakers I ever owned and to me it's like a deam come ture to get something this expensive out of my budget. The only reason I was soo lucky to get these is since my moms best friend is getting me these for my b-day and x-mas since both are in the same month for me. So please please understand my side.

Thank You

GMichael
12-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Altec Lansing's HQ is just over a mile from my house. Each year they throw a huge party and have bands from all over come and play in town. But they never seem to use any of their own speakers.

basite
12-12-2007, 10:39 AM
You guys seem like you never heard the Altec Lansing BXR1121 before but for there price they are the best.
should we? I have way better here, and currently have no interest in cheap stuff...
my niece has/had cheapo altec speakers, they sound horrible.

The only reason I was soo lucky to get these is since my moms best friend is getting me these for my b-day and x-mas since both are in the same month for me. So please please understand my side.

Thank You

maybe your mom's best friend wanted you to stop wasting money on cheap crap every weekend?

If I'll ever want altecs it would probably be a set of model 19's for a kick ass home theatre...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

SpankingVanillaice
12-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I guess trying to explain didn't help so I guess this means you guys are just mean and like picking on me if this is right then I won't post anymore. :mad: :mad:

SpankingVanillaice
12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
should we? I have way better here, and currently have no interest in cheap stuff...
my niece has/had cheapo altec speakers, they sound horrible.

maybe your mom's best friend wanted you to stop wasting money on cheap crap every weekend?

If I'll ever want altecs it would probably be a set of model 19's for a kick ass home theatre...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.No my moms best friend didn't get the BX5a since he thought I am getting cheap stuff I told him that I wanted them since he said he would get me something that costs up to $400. I was trying to decide if I should get a notebook PC or speakers or upgrade my desktop. But I decided to get the speakers since the BX5a is something I always wanted but it costs too much for me. Btw what do you mean when you say keep them spinning is that your signature or do you type that everytime??? I hope it's nothin bad when you say that or that your are trying to be mean.

johnny p
12-12-2007, 10:57 AM
You guys seem like you never heard the Altec Lansing BXR1121 before but for there price they are the best. But yes I do like the sound of the M-Audio ones alot more but I mean of cource they are going to sound better since they cost ALOT more. But for $30 man the BXR1121 is the best at low volumes. The other speakers this price range have 10% THD and the BXR1121 has only 8% THD on the speakers that make the highs and mids. That's what I thought was amazing and then second the sub goes really low bass and very natural sound for a 4in which is amazing. But eather way it seems like your guys never use affordable speakers for people like me who don't have alot of money. Of cource if you compair these to a speaker that you guys have that costs 100s of dollars or more they will sound ALOT better. But I don't have money like that maybe in the future I can get a better one than the new M-Audio BX5a I' am getting soon. But I highly don't think I will get a better one since then I will need more money. Getting the BX5a from M-Audio is already the best best speakers I ever owned and to me it's like a deam come ture to get something this expensive out of my budget. The only reason I was soo lucky to get these is since my moms best friend is getting me these for my b-day and x-mas since both are in the same month for me. So please please understand my side.

Thank You

I shook my computer monitor vigorously until this all started to make sense......

and please, don't stop posting..... I'm half tempted to get myself some Altecs, and try them out myself.......

and yeah..... what did happen to your websites I've heard so much about?

Keep them coming!

basite
12-12-2007, 11:03 AM
No my moms best friend didn't get the BX5a since he thought I am getting cheap stuff I told him that I wanted them since he said he would get me something that costs up to $400. I was trying to decide if I should get a notebook PC or speakers or upgrade my desktop. But I decided to get the speakers since the BX5a is something I always wanted but it costs too much for me. Btw what do you mean when you say keep them spinning is that your signature or do you type that everytime??? I hope it's nothin bad when you say that or that your are trying to be mean.

no, I type that everytime, others say 'thank you' or 'cheers' or so, I say 'Keep them spinning', reffering to a vinyl record, or a CD or so. So it's like 'keep the music going', or 'keep on playing music'.
my signature is my equipment list (the audio gear I have here), it's below my name (which is under the 'keep them spinning' sentence.
so no bad things :)

Thanks for asking.

and thanks for the explanation, now I understand why your mom's best friend got those speakers for ya :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

bubslewis
12-12-2007, 11:03 AM
I guess trying to explain didn't help so I guess this means you guys are just mean and like picking on me if this is right then I won't post anymore. :mad: :mad:

No No No, please don't discontinue posting! I enjoy the lengthly threads that you seem to be able to generate. Makes for excellent reading.

I've always thought Altec Lansing made good speakers. I have some familiarality with some of the ones they produced 20 - 30 years ago. Although I'll have to admit that I don't know much about what they are currently making today, except for the little speakers that are attached to my computer at work.

Anyway, post away. please.

Bill

basite
12-12-2007, 11:08 AM
I've always thought Altec Lansing made good speakers. I have some familiarality with some of the ones they produced 20 - 30 years ago. Although I'll have to admit that I don't know much about what they are currently making today, except for the little speakers that are attached to my computer at work.

Anyway, post away. please.

Bill

well basically pc speakers are their main business, but they still build real speakers too, I just saw on their website that they started producing the A7's again so not all is lost :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

johnny p
12-12-2007, 11:11 AM
little pricey for a company who doesn't specialize in Stand-alone speakers.

audio amateur
12-12-2007, 12:29 PM
no, I type that everytime, others say 'thank you' or 'cheers' or so, I say 'Keep them spinning',

I bet you write it real fast now:ihih:

basite
12-12-2007, 12:46 PM
yeah I do actually :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Florian
12-12-2007, 01:55 PM
just mean and like picking on me if this is right then I won't post anymore. :mad: :mad:

Oh please follow threw!

PeruvianSkies
12-12-2007, 11:14 PM
no, I type that everytime, others say 'thank you' or 'cheers' or so, I say 'Keep them spinning', reffering to a vinyl record, or a CD or so. So it's like 'keep the music going', or 'keep on playing music'.
my signature is my equipment list (the audio gear I have here), it's below my name (which is under the 'keep them spinning' sentence.
so no bad things :)

Thanks for asking.

and thanks for the explanation, now I understand why your mom's best friend got those speakers for ya :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Doesn't Bernd have the same thing as his closing?

pixelthis
12-13-2007, 01:37 AM

they are not being "mean" , any more than anyone else slapping someone
to get him to wake the crap up.
My "system" is one of the more modest on this group (around two grand),
my last system was similar in price.
Yours are 24 bucks, get the picture?
You are talking about something completely different than what most on this board talk about.
Computer speakers, or "powered" speakers exist mainly to produce the dings and
such that the operating system of a computer produces, they are not serious
musical devices.
Much as I hate Bose they do make some decent computer speakers, called the media-mate series.
When I got them they were a hundred bucks, now they have one with a sub.
These work great with computers or portable devices, and actually sound halfway decent.
And maybe after awhile you can start building some serious "systems".
Doesnt matter if you start out modestly, whats important is a love of music.
But you have aways to go to get to a "modest" system:1:

noddin0ff
12-13-2007, 04:21 AM
SVI, It doesn't matter what you speakers costed. What matters is that you make informed decisions about how you spend your resources. You rely a lot on technical specifications that for the types of speakers you are looking at are particularly meaningless specifications. The speakers may oscillate at 30hz but that doesn't mean it reproduces musical sound at 30Hz. Most refrigerators do 50Hz pretty well. But, that's not going to sound like G-sharp on a piano.

It is true though that in the range you're looking at, if you choose your brands carefully, price is a fair indicator of quality. In my opinion quality for anything under say $70 is not that predictable and borders on random...and the tech specs are particularly meaningless.

Welcome back. What happened to http://www.velociraptor.4t.com/ ?

basite
12-13-2007, 04:47 AM
SVI, It doesn't matter what you speakers costed. What matters is that you make informed decisions about how you spend your resources. You rely a lot on technical specifications that for the types of speakers you are looking at are particularly meaningless specifications. The speakers may oscillate at 30hz but that doesn't mean it reproduces musical sound at 30Hz. Most refrigerators do 50Hz pretty well. But, that's not going to sound like G-sharp on a piano.

It is true though that in the range you're looking at, if you choose your brands carefully, price is a fair indicator of quality. In my opinion quality for anything under say $70 is not that predictable and borders on random...and the tech specs are particularly meaningless.

true, very true...

Welcome back. What happened to http://www.velociraptor.4t.com/ ?

it became http://www.justleftofbrilliance.4t.com

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

johnny p
12-13-2007, 05:18 AM
Man.... that's some of the funniest stuff I've ever read!!!!!! His boyfriend is afflicted with PMS !!!!

Rich-n-Texas
12-13-2007, 05:30 AM
I shook my computer monitor vigorously until this all started to make sense......

and please, don't stop posting..... I'm half tempted to get myself some Altecs, and try them out myself.......

and yeah..... what did happen to your websites I've heard so much about?

Keep them coming!
I'm still perplexed. :idea: (Shaking the monitor didn't help)

GMichael
12-13-2007, 06:59 AM
(Shaking the monitor didn't help)

And it never will.

Why ask why. Just accept.

noddin0ff
12-13-2007, 07:23 AM
I'm still perplexed. :idea: (Shaking the monitor didn't help)

I think you have to shake your monitor by banging your head against it.

basite
12-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Doesn't Bernd have the same thing as his closing?

most of the times he ends with 'Peace'

basite
12-13-2007, 07:27 AM
I think you have to shake your monitor by banging your head against it.

nope, didn't work...

any other suggestions?

Rich-n-Texas
12-13-2007, 07:29 AM
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

That did it!!! Thanks.

I remember I had Altec Lansing computer speakers when I purchased my second computer. It was a Gateway 2000 multi-media (circa about 1995). I guess talking about my Logitech Z-5500's in this thread would be akin to trying to sell him a Bentley.

GMichael
12-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Nothing that doesn't include some sort of lobotomy, shock therapy or chemical experimentation.

SpankingVanillaice
12-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Man.... that's some of the funniest stuff I've ever read!!!!!! His boyfriend is afflicted with PMS !!!!Well Adam doesn't really have PMS he just means that he has alot of mood swings since he has bipolar he just says PMS since he feels like a woman alot and he has put on fake long finger nails to type to make his hands look pretty but since they were in the way alot he decided to take them off. He did once put alot of glitter and some makeup to make him look pretty and he still does put the makeup mark but not as much. The times he has a beard is since he doesn't have blades to shave he really doesn't have money since he lives in a group home and works at the group home workshop but he has SSI and Medicade like I do. I have some disibilites too mine is OCD and minor ADHD and turrets.

SpankingVanillaice
12-13-2007, 08:38 AM
But Adam has alot more disibilties than I do that's forsure which is sad but I hope he will live long time as me so we can be together forever.

SpankingVanillaice
12-13-2007, 09:06 AM
But anyways when I get the M-Audio BX5a studio monitors I won't need the Altec Lansing so I will return the speakers and get the money back. I hope that I will love the sound of the new speakers when they come since they at the most expensive speakers I ever owned plus they are pro studio speakers not home speakers. They should come around 2 weeks from now.

johnny p
12-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Errrrr?????? I don't know where to start!

SlumpBuster
12-13-2007, 11:52 AM
My castle and M1 tank have a bad case of the turrets, too. As does my battleship.

Edit: It would have been funnier if I smurfed a new name as Castle or Tank and said "I got turrets too!"

GMichael
12-13-2007, 12:13 PM
That's it! I'm poking my eyes out this time.:sad:

Florian
12-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Dude, your a complete **** up.... seriously! By reading what you write your not only a jerk like myself, but completely mentaly retarded.

Rich-n-Texas
12-14-2007, 04:42 AM
I wish I had known that BEFORE I smashed my face against my monitor!

Florian
12-14-2007, 08:35 AM
But Adam has alot more disibilties than I do that's forsure which is sad but I hope he will live long time as me so we can be together forever.

There is a good thing about all of this. You can not reproduce with Adamn, which is a blessing to mankind in the long run.

GMichael
12-14-2007, 08:46 AM
There is a good thing about all of this. You can not reproduce with Adamn, which is a blessing to mankind in the long run.

Give science another 20 years. A splice here, a splice there, presto!
Just hope they do a little correcting while they're at it.

E-Stat
12-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Move along guys, move along. There's nothing more to see here.

SpankingVanillaice
12-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Are you guys making fun of me? If you are remember that I won't post here anymore if you guys are making fun of me or trying to be mean.

GMichael
12-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Hi Spanky,

We're all just joking around with you. That's how you know that we like you. If we didn't, no one would bother to write back.

Don't be offended.

Rich-n-Texas
12-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Move along guys, move along. There's nothing more to see here.
A little heavy-handed there wouldn't ya say? :ihih:

topspeed
12-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Well Adam doesn't really have PMS he just means that he has alot of mood swings since he has bipolar he just says PMS since he feels like a woman alot and he has put on fake long finger nails to type to make his hands look pretty but since they were in the way alot he decided to take them off. He did once put alot of glitter and some makeup to make him look pretty and he still does put the makeup mark but not as much. The times he has a beard is since he doesn't have blades to shave he really doesn't have money since he lives in a group home and works at the group home workshop but he has SSI and Medicade like I do. I have some disibilites too mine is OCD and minor ADHD and turrets.
You know, that's just more information than I need at this moment in my life. I'm going to need something strong to erase the mental imagery emblazoned into my subconscious.

Anybody got any 151? Moonshine? Mebbe paint thinner. I'll check the AR Christmas Party, I'll bet Mike has something...

L.J.
12-14-2007, 02:50 PM
(Pops head in......slowly backs away......closes door and runs......)

GMichael
12-14-2007, 02:58 PM
A little heavy-handed there wouldn't ya say? :ihih:

I like it that way.

N. Abstentia
12-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Gotta hand it to this guy. He's got the biggest, most popular discussion forum for gay bipolar dinosaurs with tourettes on the internets.

Woochifer
12-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Oy! There goes 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back! :cool:

N. Abstentia
12-16-2007, 06:30 AM
Please don't let this thread die, people! Come on! All the gay bipolar dinosaurs with tourettes are counting on us to make their voice heard through the world's finest $24 computer speakers!

basite
12-16-2007, 06:45 AM
oh,
okay :)

Bump!

Hey, SVI, your new studio monitors are nearly there!! be happy :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.