Lost S3 is out on Tuesday [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lost S3 is out on Tuesday

ForeverAutumn
12-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Who's buying it next week and who's waiting to see if Santa delivers it?

I'm undecided.

kexodusc
12-08-2007, 03:53 AM
Who's buying it next week and who's waiting to see if Santa delivers it?

I'm undecided.
I've got three, long overdue weeks of vacation lined up starting late next week, don't think I'll be able to hold off that long.

My wife and I have finally started watching the DVD's...we're almost done S1 and should polish off S2 in a few days. That'll give us plenty of time to get through S3 before the show starts up again...

johnny p
12-09-2007, 09:18 AM
never seen an episode of it...... So I'd say I'm neither waiting for Santa, nor am I buying it next week!

ForeverAutumn
12-10-2007, 08:23 AM
never seen an episode of it...... So I'd say I'm neither waiting for Santa, nor am I buying it next week!

Man, you don't know what you're missing! Run...don't walk...run to you your nearest DVD store and buy the first two seasons. Then run home and start watching them. By the time you're done you'll be wanting S3 to show up under the tree.

topspeed
12-10-2007, 09:55 AM
I'll pass. S3 wasn't as compelling as S1 or S2, but that's like saying a Porsche 997tt isn't as involving as a F430...it's still head and shoulders above everything else out there! I'm hoping S4 returns a bit to the supernatural part of the island.

One thing if for sure, postponing the show to 2008 sure has left a gaping hole in the fall schedule. Is it me, or do all of the fall season shows seriously suck? I'm considering buying one of the new gen gaming consoles just to give me something to do!

kexodusc
12-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I'll pass. S3 wasn't as compelling as S1 or S2, but that's like saying a Porsche 997tt isn't as involving as a F430...it's still head and shoulders above everything else out there! I'm hoping S4 returns a bit to the supernatural part of the island.

One thing if for sure, postponing the show to 2008 sure has left a gaping hole in the fall schedule. Is it me, or do all of the fall season shows seriously suck? I'm considering buying one of the new gen gaming consoles just to give me something to do!

I'll be first in line! S3 for me was a return to the mystical intrigue that made S1 and part of S2 so cool before it got off track. Granted S3 started slooooow...but it ended on a super high note with the best 5 episodes in the series, what with all the weird crazy hocus-pocus stuff going on.

Speedy - the only new show that I don't mine is Journeyman - which I thought would be a Quantum Leap rip-off, but really isn't anything like it. It's a solid "not bad". Nothing to go out of your way for.
The rest are incredibly disappointing. I sure hope the strike doesn't kill Lost's momentum like the mid-season break did to S3.

ForeverAutumn
12-10-2007, 10:22 AM
I'll pass. S3 wasn't as compelling as S1 or S2, ...

I'm with Kex on this one. Although S2 with Henry Gale was still the highlight of the series for me so far, I enjoyed S3 quite a bit. That very first episode when everything seems so normal and then you realize that you're watching The Others on their home turf is probably the best HOLY CRAP moment in TV history for me.

And Jacob! Another great WTF moment.

This fall season does suck. The only night that I watch TV is Thursdays. I love survivor, and even though it jumped the shark a few years ago, I still watch ER regularly. I try to catch Two and Half Men when I can too. Otherwise, I read a lot. I'm also considering a gaming console. The last one I owned was the original Nintendo.

ForeverAutumn
12-10-2007, 10:25 AM
I sure hope the strike doesn't kill Lost's momentum like the mid-season break did to S3.

I'd rather they waited until the strike is over and run the full series uninterupted as planned. We're already waiting eight or nine months from last season to this season, what's another couple of months.

kexodusc
12-10-2007, 11:26 AM
I'd rather they waited until the strike is over and run the full series uninterupted as planned. We're already waiting eight or nine months from last season to this season, what's another couple of months.
Well, I think they're hoping it will resolve in the meantime so they can finish the scenes off and feed them to us without much interruption.
That was my only complaint about S3 really - that the interruption killed the tiny bit of momentum the first 6 or so episodes created. It's obvious the delay wasn't intended, otherwise I think they would have changed the order in which they presented certain scenes/episodes to us in order to move the Other's camp and other plot lines along. Not necessarily any changes to the scenes themselves, just the order of presentation. We got to a point where we were almost forgetting all the other characters just to watch Sawyer, Kate, and Jack duke it out with Benry and co.
The producers have said they may have to edit a few things depending on the strike's duration, I think that's sort of what they have in mind.

Kam
12-17-2007, 11:33 AM
GOT IT!!!! have seen all of season 1 and 2 straight through, taking a lil break as ive been swamped with auditions lately and havent even been able to check in here much! figures its a Lost post to bring me out of hiding haha.

kexodusc
12-17-2007, 02:41 PM
We're just starting Season 2, but with a long holiday having started, we should fly through that.
Can't wait to see what easter egg goodies or on these DVD's.

ForeverAutumn
12-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Santa came through. I love my Santa!

musicman1999
12-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Anyone get it on Bluray.

bill