Anyone have any Polyphonic Sprees? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any Polyphonic Sprees?

Mr Peabody
12-06-2007, 07:02 PM
I was talking to this girl named Apotsale. She says she is in a band, I ask if she plays an instrument or sings. She sings. She tells me the name of the band. I never heard of them but as she described what they do it sounded very interesting. Then I ask have you ever recorded. She says yes, they have 4 albums and done the soundtrack for Thumbsucker. They have a chorus but it's not like Viking Metal, it's more like 5th Dimension, the band has horns, a harp and various instruments.

I listened to the samples of their latest album. I'm not sure, so I thought I'd see if anyone has anything by them and what your thoughts are. I do like some of the bits I've heard and they do seem to have found a unique sound. I will probably go ahead and buy the new album it's supposed to be the most accomplished according to the reviews. I think it may end up being a treat if the recording is good.

PeruvianSkies
12-06-2007, 09:25 PM
They are ok, their first album was much better than their followup, which is also on DVD-A.

ForeverAutumn
12-07-2007, 06:27 AM
They opened for David Bowie when I saw him about 6 years ago or so. I wasn't impressed by them.

Finch Platte
12-07-2007, 08:15 AM
To me, they sound like a ghey version of Cheap Trick.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :15:

:ciappa:

fp