Woodstock Vinyl [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Woodstock Vinyl

Gerall
12-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Ok all you vinyl experts out there. I have two Woodstock concert albums, both are different. I was wondering if anyone knows what they are. The album covers are both the same, but the vinyl itself is different. One set of three has red center stamps, with different sides; on record one 1/6, on second 2/5 on third 3/4. I think this was so you could stack em on an old stacker, play 1,2,3 then flip em and play 4,5,6.
The second album set is the greyish cotillion center with side 1/2 3/4 5/6 on the three albums. I have numerous friends who have the latter, but have never seen another of the former. I remember back then I ordered the woodstock album before it was released, and waited months for it to com. It was the album with red center labels. Unfortunately due to the equipment of the day and less than diligent care they got scratched, so I bought the second album a few years later. It is the one that I see on ebay all the time.
So does anyone know what that first set I have is???

musicoverall
12-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Ok all you vinyl experts out there. I have two Woodstock concert albums, both are different. I was wondering if anyone knows what they are. The album covers are both the same, but the vinyl itself is different. One set of three has red center stamps, with different sides; on record one 1/6, on second 2/5 on third 3/4. I think this was so you could stack em on an old stacker, play 1,2,3 then flip em and play 4,5,6.
The second album set is the greyish cotillion center with side 1/2 3/4 5/6 on the three albums. I have numerous friends who have the latter, but have never seen another of the former. I remember back then I ordered the woodstock album before it was released, and waited months for it to com. It was the album with red center labels. Unfortunately due to the equipment of the day and less than diligent care they got scratched, so I bought the second album a few years later. It is the one that I see on ebay all the time.
So does anyone know what that first set I have is???

Describe the label further on the "red center stamp" edition. Is it still Cotillion with its usual logo and the stamp is superimposed or what exactly? I wonder if you have a promo copy? Unfortunately, they won't be worth much if they aren't close to mint.

Yes, putting the first and last side back to back on the same disc etc was for ease of use on record changers. Stacking records seens like anathema these days, and probably with good reason.