Hi all [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

buyusa
12-02-2007, 06:20 AM
Just found this forum and thought I'd say hello. I've been into audio since I believe about 87. The first gear I ever purchased was a pair of Genesis 22.Since then I have watched audio In are town decline to nil. It is good to know there are still a few audio heads out there. Good to be here and thanks for having me.

audio amateur
12-02-2007, 06:56 AM
Welcome!
Really, is Tucson that bad? I believe there's a Maggie dealer there

buyusa
12-02-2007, 07:20 AM
We do have Wilsons who carries some great gear but unfortunately over the years some nice listening rooms have been replaced with tv's & projectors. They don't give the maggies the justice they deserve.

JohnMichael
12-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Welcome to AudioReview! You will find good folks who are passionate about music and equipment.

I share your frustration about local audio dealers. In my area I find it very difficult to receive a two channel demonstration.

basite
12-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Welcome to AR,
the more audio nuts the better :)

the high end audio shops are becoming a rare species too here, luckily my dealer has no tought of giving in to the mass market :)

What's in your system?

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

buyusa
12-02-2007, 10:25 AM
It's good to see some young guys still think audio goes beyond the car. I would say lucky It has taken me 20 years to get to this point.

basite
12-02-2007, 10:27 AM
that's some nice gear you got there, vandersteens are great speakers, and I love VPI tt's :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.