Don't know if i'm in the right place, but... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if i'm in the right place, but...

stereophonicfan
11-20-2003, 12:55 PM
Don't know if i'm in the right place, but...

I grew up with a marantz pm700 (8Ohm-95watts & 4Ohm-155watts/ channel) and a pair of Wharfedale 'dovedale 3' speakers.
Several years ago my father passed the entire stereo-set over to me.
Like any (amateur) audiophile I never quite got over the sound of those Wharfedales (it seemed so big when I was only 'so' little!).

For a while now I've been searching the Net for a second pair of these speakers, believing that two pairs can be more than four speakers!
Ebay was a disappointment!
I've also contacted the Wharfedale-admin. but they we're unable to help me due to the age of this model.

They are typical mid/late-seventies speakers (with frequencyfilters, knowing that earlier one's worked without filters!) ! and total enclosure, woven frontpanel, etc. I myself have maintenanced my pair of dovedales wonderfully and handled them with care, they still give an unblemished sound without any flaws.

I would be ever so grateful if,
-you can direct me towards an owner of another pair of 'Dovedale 3's' , interested in selling a fully functional pair as unblemished as possible without any technical flaws!
-you can share with me you're first encounter with (audiophile) sound or your best experiences in the audiophile world

thx for reading/replying, do remember I am a humble amateur!

audiostonpo
10-20-2006, 06:46 AM
I have a pair of these speakers for sal if you wish to contact me.

topspeed
10-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Pssst...hey audiostonpo...come over here...

This thread is 3 years old.

GMichael
10-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Pssst...hey audiostonpo...come over here...

This thread is 3 years old.

SSHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh...................

be vewy vewy quiet...

Can you see that outline of the ghost?

JohnMichael
10-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Stereophonicfan has not posted since 7/2004 so I do not think he will see this offer.

Resident Loser
10-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Stereophonicfan has not posted since 7/2004 so I do not think he will see this offer.

...the devil's in the details...

jimHJJ(...not the first and it won't be the last...)

markw
10-20-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm always amazed at the creativity used when someone wants to sell something.