Sonus Faber main theme [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Faber main theme

audio amateur
11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
www.sonusfaber.com

Anyone know the name of this tune/who it's composed by?
(I only know of its remix by Gigi d'Agostino & Datura)
Cheers

Pat D
11-29-2007, 02:49 PM
www.sonusfaber.com (http://www.sonusfaber.com)

Anyone know the name of this tune/who it's composed by?
(I only know of its remix by Gigi d'Agostino & Datura)
Cheers

It's from Vivaldi's Four Seasons. I forget which movement and I'm just leaving home right now so I don't have time to look it up.

audio amateur
11-29-2007, 04:50 PM
cheers for that

Pat D
11-29-2007, 05:13 PM
cheers for that

Ahh, now I'm back home. It's the Largo from Winter, subtitled La pioggia (Rain) according to one of my record jackets.

I would have waited until I knew, but I was afraid someone would get there before I did. I have a reputation to keep up, you know! :wink5:

Jim Clark
11-30-2007, 05:19 AM
Ahh, now I'm back home. It's the Largo from Winter, subtitled La pioggia (Rain) according to one of my record jackets.

I would have waited until I knew, but I was afraid someone would get there before I did. I have a reputation to keep up, you know! :wink5:

And you did your usual impressive job.

jc

Pat D
11-30-2007, 07:29 PM
And you did your usual impressive job.

jc

Actually, in the last year or so, I've seen this question on the net two or three times before but I can never remember the precise movement. I think I was surefeited with The Four Seasons long ago, around the early '70s, I think, when it was played everywhere--on the radio, in supermarkets, etc. I hardly ever listen to it anymore, though I like a few parts of it.

bobsticks
12-01-2007, 07:04 AM
I'll defer to PatD on vinyl versions of "The Four Seasons" but if you have access to a hi-rez player this version is outstanding:

http://www.geocities.com/jacopas.geo/dadaasm4s.jpg

audio amateur
12-01-2007, 08:07 AM
I've asked the CD for xmas:) And no don't have and don't plan to have a DVD audio rig in the future, but i'm sure it's good;)
Thanks to all

jrhymeammo
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I'll defer to PatD on vinyl versions of "The Four Seasons" but if you have access to a hi-rez player this version is outstanding:

http://www.geocities.com/jacopas.geo/dadaasm4s.jpg

Ah DAMN IT!! Oh well.

audio amateur
12-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Ah DAMN IT!! Oh well.
.....?

bobsticks
12-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Stephen, Jay is a tube and vinyl kinda guy and a degenerate of the first order to boot. I suspect he is lamenting his inability to listen this wonderous Hi-Rez recording while longingly staring at the cover art with bad intent. Just a guess...

JohnMichael
12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Stephen, Jay is a tube and vinyl kinda guy and a degenerate of the first order to boot. I suspect he is lamenting his inability to listen this wonderous Hi-Rez recording while longingly staring at the cover art with bad intent. Just a guess...

bobsticks I think you nailed it.:cornut: