Good find. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good find.

johnny p
11-28-2007, 02:07 PM
not sure where to put this... but those in the Cleveland area may want to take a look at these.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/489005831.html

NO they are not mine.... just thought I'd toss this out.... so I take no responcibility (I'd love to get the Thiel's myself, but new speakers are on order!)

JohnMichael
11-28-2007, 02:14 PM
I am only two hours away from Cleveland, hmmm.

johnny p
11-28-2007, 03:26 PM
and it's "OBO" I wish I could!

basite
11-29-2007, 08:21 AM
I am only two hours away from Cleveland, hmmm.

try...

maybe you'll get lucky :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

johnny p
11-29-2007, 09:04 AM
I contacted him, in the hopes that my wife would find it in her heart to allow me to get these..... he said one woofer was bad (unknown by the previous owner) and Thiel fixed it for free..... some scratches on the wood, but nothing major.... and obviously he wasn't the original owner, has no paperwork/boxes, and he purchased them on consignment from a local shop.......... given the damaged speaker that needed to be replaced, I'd be leary.... He did drop the price from 1,600 to 12,00 OBO so obviously he's trying to move them.... so I'm sure it could still be a good deal... but it's not for me.

bobsticks
11-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Actually, for small to medium-sized rooms those Reference de Capos are supposed to be the chit. Haven't heard 'em myself but they get alot of good press and for someone who doesn't mind integrating a sub...who knows?