Sigur Ros - Heima DVD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sigur Ros - Heima DVD

Mike
11-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Anybody else seen this? I’ve got a couple of their cd’s but wouldn’t call myself a huge fan but since I’ve seen this I’m hooked. To those who don’t what the hell I’m talking about it was a film released earlier this year beautifully filmed and recorded in Iceland and now available on DVD.

"Heima", which translates as both "at home" and "homeland", chronicles a series of free concerts Sigur Ros played in their native Iceland over the course of summer 2006. The entire tour was filmed and provides a unique insight into one of the world's most inscrutable bands while exploring their natural habitat like never before, with performances in deserted fish factories, at far-flung community halls, in sylvan fields, darkened caves, canyons, and fjords.

I wish I’d seen it on the big screen it must have been quite an experience. Powerful imagery matched with thoughtful music that really resonates with you if you are in the right mood.

Cheers
Mike

Rae
11-28-2007, 12:33 PM
I read a review of this and it sounds really interesting. Sounds like I might have to seek it out.

~Rae