Check Out This Cake! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Check Out This Cake!

GMichael
11-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Keep in mind this actually really did happen! This is someone who was moving from an insurance claims office.

Okay so this is how I imagine this conversation went:

Walmart Employee: "Hello 'dis Walmarts, how can I help you?"

Customer: " I would like to order a cake for a going away party this week."

Walmart Employee: "What you want on the cake?"

Customer: "Best Wishes Suzanne" and underneath that "We will miss you".

JohnMichael
11-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Keep in mind this actually really did happen! This is someone who was moving from an insurance claims office.

Okay so this is how I imagine this conversation went:

Walmart Employee: "Hello 'dis Walmarts, how can I help you?"

Customer: " I would like to order a cake for a going away party this week."

Walmart Employee: "What you want on the cake?"

Customer: "Best Wishes Suzanne" and underneath that "We will miss you".

That was priceless! Laughed so hard I almost needed depends.

ForeverAutumn
11-27-2007, 01:11 PM
That's hilarious!

GMichael
11-27-2007, 01:25 PM
I once went into a deli and ordered a B.L.T. The girl had a question for me. Would I like lettuce and tomato with that? I said, "But it's a Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich." She said, Yeah?" Like I was the idiot! So I just said, "Yes, I would like lettuce and tomato on my bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich." Do others really order BLT's without the L and the T?

audio amateur
11-27-2007, 01:52 PM
hehe my Dad was once in an airport (couple years ago) in the US, think Chicago, anyway he ordered a beer or some wine I think, and they asked him for ID... he is 58.

markw
11-27-2007, 02:03 PM
hehe my Dad was once in an airport (couple years ago) in the US, think Chicago, anyway he ordered a beer or some wine I think, and they asked him for ID... he is 58.When you're in the south and a trooper asks you if you have any ID, just reply "'bout whut?"

ForeverAutumn
11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Well if we're telling stories...

I was once in a shop in downtown Toronto where they sell touristy items. There was a t-shirt with a Canadian flag on it and someone asked the clerk if it came in other colours besides red and white!

GMichael
11-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Well if we're telling stories...

I was once in a shop in downtown Toronto where they sell touristy items. There was a t-shirt with a Canadian flag on it and someone asked the clerk if it came in other colours besides red and white!

Yeah? Does it?

Feanor
11-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Yeah? Does it?

:dita:

GMichael
11-28-2007, 07:48 AM
But it would look so nice with a little green trim.

Bernd
11-28-2007, 07:57 AM
......GM. And it even has a spelling mistake. Outstanding.
Good stuff.

Peace

:16:

kexodusc
11-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Ha ha ha...
Okay...I'll share a similar story -
I arranged for the cake for my wife and I at informal engagement party thing a few of her friends threw for us. So we're at her friends place, with all her co-workers, some family, and her gal pals present, and we open the cake and it reads:
"Thank you for being a Grade A Teacher"
Great big apple shaped cake even had a worm drawn on it in icing.

Stupid Kex didn't open the box to verify it was the right cake (this being the first cake I'd ever ordered myself). Everyone's first reaction was confusion, then some smartass friend of hers yells out "what did she teach you?"

I get ribbed about it at least twice a year - her b-day, and our anniversary now - drives me nuts!

ForeverAutumn
11-28-2007, 10:08 AM
So, what did she teach you? :ihih:

That's a great story Kex!

kexodusc
11-28-2007, 10:26 AM
So, what did she teach you? :ihih:
Err...:blush2:

That's a great story Kex!

Yeah...one of those you had to be there moments that is now going to follow me until the day I die, and quite possibly make it's way into my eulogy... *sigh*

GMichael
11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Err...:blush2:

Yeah...one of those you had to be there moments that is now going to follow me until the day I die, and quite possibly make it's way into my eulogy... *sigh*

(old man steps up to the pedestal) Poor Kex. We're going to miss his humor. Let me tell you a story from years ago.....

(an elder lady stops crying for a moment. a smile comes across her face, then starts crying again)

topspeed
11-28-2007, 11:37 AM
When you're in the south and a trooper asks you if you have any ID, just reply "'bout whut?"Bwaahaahaa!

I arranged for the cake for my wife and I at informal engagement party thing a few of her friends threw for us. So we're at her friends place, with all her co-workers, some family, and her gal pals present, and we open the cake and it reads:
"Thank you for being a Grade A Teacher"
Great big apple shaped cake even had a worm drawn on it in icing.

Stupid Kex didn't open the box to verify it was the right cake (this being the first cake I'd ever ordered myself). Everyone's first reaction was confusion, then some smartass friend of hers yells out "what did she teach you?"Bwaahaa...wait.

I don't get it.

Groundbeef
11-29-2007, 06:32 AM
I was at Meijer and a woman ahead of me was getting a 1/2 sheet cake (9x11). The label with the price sticker was on the top of the box. Employee lost in the moment of her big sale neglects to use the HAND scanner, but instead proceeds to TURN THE CAKE OVER to scan the barcode.

Only after scanning, and flipping the cake back over, did it suddenly dawn on her that perhaps that wasn't the best course of action. She slowly processed exactly what had just transpired, and half whispered, "Do you want me to call the bakery for another cake, or would you still like this one?"

Mind you the decorations were just a total smear on the lid.

The customer, was totally shocked, and replied it might be best if the bakery ran up another cake!

kexodusc
11-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Bwaahaa...wait.

I don't get it.
Neither did I.

Groundbeef
11-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Neither did I.

It was an engagment party. He got the wrong cake, and didn't catch it at the bakery 'cause he forgot to look at it at the store.

Cake was for a teacher. Not an engagement.

GMichael
11-29-2007, 12:35 PM
It was an engagment party. He got the wrong cake, and didn't catch it at the bakery 'cause he forgot to look at it at the store.

Cake was for a teacher. Not an engagement.

:rolleyes5: :rolleyes: :crazy: :frown2: :out:

jt1stcav
12-10-2007, 04:27 PM
I would've been more impressed if they sent her a cake with a girl jumping out of it...but that's just me.

GMichael
01-09-2008, 07:19 AM
HaaHaaaa wonderful cake at all. I appreciate the humor sense of that employee.

Interesting way to look at it. Do you think that the employee did that on purpose?

Hmmm... Could be.:idea:

Rich-n-Texas
01-09-2008, 08:27 AM
I think we'll need another 20 posts to debate that possibility.

audio_dude
01-10-2008, 03:21 PM
ahahahaha.... that's classic. Gotta love american walmart employees...