Albums that haven't made it to CD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Albums that haven't made it to CD

3-LockBox
11-26-2007, 10:55 AM
I can think of a couple:

Buckingham Nicks first and only non-Mac album together. I could record my neighbor's near-pristene LP copy, if I had the proper sound card or stand-alone recorder...

Kingfish - Trident; yes - the Bob Weir side project, but by this time, he'd left and taken his uber-whitey-Motown-wannabe act with him (as well a two others) and what reformed put out a pretty fine pop/rock album, that might have sold a few thousand copies. (neighbor gots this one on vinyl too).

In fact my neighbor has quite a few LPs that never made it to CD, perhaps for good reason, but they're are prolly dozens of gems (maybe more) that'll never get heard without the circulation of the CD.

Does anybody here have a wish list for an album finally getting issued on CD, or would you rather that not happen.

Finch Platte
11-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Gary Myrick & The Figures comes to mind. They put out 2 albums of top-quality pop/rock way back when (the EP doesn't count- it sucked). They can put the two one on disc, and have a second disc w/ live stuff on it. I know it's out there.

Uh, who else? How about Code Blue?
http://www.rhino.com/RZine/images/codeblue3.jpg Muscular, taut rock.

Sharks w/ Chris Spedding?

fp

Mr MidFi
11-26-2007, 11:37 AM
One of my co-workers made me a CD-R of his Buckingham-Nicks vinyl (outstanding condition) last year. My wife, a Fleetwood Mac fan for decades, dug it in a big way.

One of my favorite old live albums, Warren Zevon's Stand in the Fire, was just released to CD for the first time this year. Like rediscovering an old friend. Some nice bonus tracks to boot.

ForeverAutumn
11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Al Stewart's 24 Carrots never made it to CD. Not his best album by any means, but still one that I always enjoyed spinning and that I miss.

BarryL
11-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Al Stewart's 24 Carrots never made it to CD. Not his best album by any means, but still one that I always enjoyed spinning and that I miss.

All Al's albums have been remastered with bonus tracks and issued on CD. Get thee to Amazon, or at least to Al Stewart's web site.

I'm still waiting for my favorite Chilliwack album, Dreams Dreams Dreams to appear on CD.

If Fludd can make to CD, why not this great Chilliwack album? Some of the tunes do appear on their greatest hits CD.

Troy
11-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Bill Nelson- Getting the Holy Ghost Across
Our Daughter's Wedding
Cowboys International

ForeverAutumn
11-27-2007, 06:13 AM
All Al's albums have been remastered with bonus tracks and issued on CD. Get thee to Amazon, or at least to Al Stewart's web site.

Far out! It was just released in June of this year and it's about time. It's now on my Xmas list. Nudge, nudge, hint, hint. :)

nobody
11-27-2007, 06:31 AM
A bunch of stuff. The Fleshtones have a few that were never on CD. Same with the Flesheaters. Lots of old hardcore bands, although many have been reissued over the last several years.

Probably the one that surprises me most of one that immediately come to mind is Sam Cooke: My Kind of Blues. The only blues album by one of the greatest vocalists of all time never issued on CD? Yup.

Lots more, but those come quickly to mind.

If you add stuff that was issued on CD, but has since fallen out of print, the list gets much longer.

SAEA501
11-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Lindsay and Stevie own the Buckingham Nicks recording outright and have said more than once they are not interested in putting it onto CD. Never gave any reason why. I recorded my vinyl to CD, great album.

Jimmie Spheeris, Isle of View was put onto a CD years ago and quickly went out of print. I have seen it around for outrageous prices....like $100. Again, recorded the vinyl. Another goodie.

Troy
11-27-2007, 06:27 PM
If you add stuff that was issued on CD, but has since fallen out of print, the list gets much longer.

Actually, an incredible number of titles released over the last 20 years are long oop on CD.