Speaking of Girls Against Boys...... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Girls Against Boys......

Davey
02-29-2004, 03:24 PM
Venus Luxure No. 1 Baby seems like it should be high on any best of the 90s list, but where is it? Nowhere, that's where! Man, I love this album. I don't know if they did a better album than this. I used to like House of GVSB better, but this one is just relentless from the opening In Like Flynn to the end. <i>So come down to my level. I can't talk to you. It's like you're in like Flynn........</i>

Still love the funk on House of GVSB, but this is the one I now use to clear the cobwebs out of my head. And don't think that's an easy job! Bulletproof Cupid....<i>Everybody wanna live that sexy ride</i> :)

Stone
03-01-2004, 04:44 AM
Venus Luxure No. 1 Baby seems like it should be high on any best of the 90s list, but where is it? Nowhere, that's where! Man, I love this album. I don't know if they did a better album than this. I used to like House of GVSB better, but this one is just relentless from the opening In Like Flynn to the end. <i>So come down to my level. I can't talk to you. It's like you're in like Flynn........</i>

Still love the funk on House of GVSB, but this is the one I now use to clear the cobwebs out of my head. And don't think that's an easy job! Bulletproof Cupid....<i>Everybody wanna live that sexy ride</i> :)

That is a great one. I'll have to give it a spin when I get back to Michigan. Over the weekend, I listened to another one that I consider one of the best of the 90s: Archers of Loaf's Icky Mettle. That one just never seems to get old. It's one of the few albums that is pretty angular, while seeming to be accessible at the same time (if that makes sense).

Stone