Congradulations on this new, general but audio-specific forum [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Congradulations on this new, general but audio-specific forum

Feanor
11-12-2003, 06:55 AM
I've been hoping for this for a long time. The old General Forum contained altogether Bush-bashing and the like, and hence was useless for for invoking audio opinions and info.

Don't get me wrong -- it's not that Bush doesn't deserve all the bashing he can get.

tugmcmartin
11-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Notice too that they have a "catch all" non-audio forum under the "General" heading. I suppose that's the place for the political/current events posts. Nice job seperating that stuff. Should be able to keep everyone happy that way. The folks who don't want to read that stuff don't have to go there, and the folks that want to engage in those discussions have a place to do so.

Chris
11-12-2003, 03:36 PM
Notice too that they have a "catch all" non-audio forum under the "General" heading. I suppose that's the place for the political/current events posts. Nice job seperating that stuff. Should be able to keep everyone happy that way. The folks who don't want to read that stuff don't have to go there, and the folks that want to engage in those discussions have a place to do so.
;) I'm sure most will be happy with that change - except the ones who want their political views seen by everyone and not just those who care.

jeskibuff
11-13-2003, 09:22 AM
This post is mainly to try out the new system. I've noticed the inactivity on it, then checked out the old forum and noticed the difficulty people were having logging on. So far, no problems for me.

I like this new software and am looking forward to a more civil troll-less set of forums!

Thanks for the effort, Chris & the AR team! Hang in there. You're bound to get criticism until people get the feel for the new system! The more I explore the new features, the more pleased I am with it, but there's a lot of options to get familiar with, which can be intimidating or frustrating to some people.

Thanks again!

day_walker
11-13-2003, 10:03 AM
site looks good, it is about time....