Happy Tweaksgiving! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tweaksgiving!

JohnMichael
11-21-2007, 03:06 PM
First I want to wish all members, who celebrate, a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Next I was curious if anyone was going to use the long weekend, if you are lucky enough to have one, for an audio/video project?

The only things I have going on is waiting for taller columns for my speaker stands and I just cracked open the Onkyo A 9555 to check the value of the fuse. I will be ordering the Hi-Fi tuning fuse. I am curious if I will hear a difference or just void the warranty. After all the fuse is cheaper than the wine I purchased for tomorrow.

bobsticks
11-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Hey John,

First and foremost I would like to both congratulate you again on the new gears and the excitement that goes along with that joy of discovery, and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

I think it's well documented that guys with new girlfriends usually let their friends slide a bit and, of course, family matters take precedence. Experiencing both in the last few months I'm pretty happy to be spending some quality time with some very good and very neglected friends. The weekend should include some serious food and drink, a bit of revelry, some music of the live assortment and some making up for lost time. Probably not a lot of time spent with the tunes until Saturday or Sunday. Most of all, at no time will "Black Friday" enter the agenda.

May not sound terribly exciting for some but I hope everyone can approach the holiday with the sense of thanks/gratitude that I have already.

Enjoy the project and the freetime.

M

basite
11-22-2007, 07:44 AM
although here in Belgium we don't really celebrate thanksgiving...

Happy thanksgiving to everyone :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert

ForeverAutumn
11-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Since I was in Disneyworld (the funnest place on earth!) for our Canadian Thanksgiving, we'll be celebrating the US Thanksgiving instead this weekend. Unfortunately, I don't have the benefit of a couple of extra days off work, but we've invited some good friends over for a turkey feast on Saturday.

Although, I think that it will feel more like Christmas dinner than Thanksgiving as it's snowing like mad outside right now!

Groundbeef
11-22-2007, 09:42 AM
although here in Belgium we don't really celebrate thanksgiving...

Happy thanksgiving to everyone :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert

You can celebrate Thanksgiving anywhere. Just invite over friends and family, drink some wine, eat some turkey, and think about all the good things in your life! :)