Who's up for some March Music Madness?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who's up for some March Music Madness??

newtrix1
02-29-2004, 08:45 AM
Looks like Yes nudged out Jethro Tull in the "battle of the bands" poll posted here last week (by yours truly). Six votes were cast (along with a few jabs :rolleyes: ), but interest level looked fairly high based on view count. I think I'll try again with 2 more bands (I'll choose current bands this time). As long as a reasonable level of interest is kept up, I'll continue posting band battles until we crown a champion.

Here's a brief description of the concept:
Every couple of days I'll post 2 bands/artists to go head-to-head. You the fans vote on your more favorite of the 2, the winning band moves on to the next round, while the loser is eliminated (typical sports like bracket system). I've already brainstormed well over 16 bands, but if you'd like to make suggestions, I'm listening. To keep interest up, the band or artist should be reasonably popular (so that most people will have at least heard some music by them). Also, my personal opinion is that this would be more interesting if mega bands (i.e. Beatles) are left out, but again I'm open to suggestion.

If we go with 16 bands there will be 15 total votes required to determine a champ (8 votes to get through the elimination round, 4 semi-final votes, 2 final round votes, then the championship).

When the next 2 bands are posted, the previous 2 will be closed for voting and the winner will move on. Also, we'll have to come up with some sort of tie-breaker in case that occurs.

Oh well, that's about it. I'll post the next 2 contestants soon and see how this thing goes... :)

Dusty Chalk
02-29-2004, 09:13 AM
It's worth a shot, but...dude, we're old. I doubt we have the stamina.

Here's a couple of suggestions:

Grandaddy
Radiohead
Wilco
Lucinda Williams
Opeth
Broken Social Scene
Múm
Audioslave
Elbow
Doves
The Church

mad rhetorik
02-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Bob Dylan versus another famous singer/songwriter (Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, etc.)
Black Sabbath versus Iron Maiden/Metallica
Pink Floyd versus King Crimson
Beatles versus The Kinks/Rolling Stones/The Who
The Stooges versus The MC5
Nirvana versus other Seattle bands

newtrix1
02-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Some of those bands were already under consideration too :) .

and by the way Dusty, they do make medication for that stamina problem ;)

Dusty Chalk
03-01-2004, 08:27 AM
and by the way Dusty, they do make medication for that stamina problem ;)You mean, like Geritol?