Shameless self promotion [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Shameless self promotion

Troy
11-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Last summer I was contacted by a British TV show called Artland about filming a piece on my night photography. The hosts travel the US visiting with fringe artists. They had me meet them in central nevada and we set up the interview by the side of Interstate 80 near Winnemucca. The finally sent me a DVD of the finished piece:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pMQPY0Ll4ko&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pMQPY0Ll4ko&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ForeverAutumn
11-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Hey Troy that's very cool. Thanks for wanting to share it with us. It must feel great to realize that your work is being recognized by people outside of your own country. Good on ya!

I've seen pictures of you so I know what you look like. But it was interesting to hear what you sound like too!

Troy
11-20-2007, 01:31 PM
I've seen pictures of you so I know what you look like. But it was interesting to hear what you sound like too!

Like a cross between Paul Giamatti and Orson Welles.

Jim Clark
11-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Glad for your success and that you're getting the recognition you deserve.

Not wild about that shirt though : )

you Cali boys are a different sort of breed.

Keep on rolling.

jc

dean_martin
11-20-2007, 03:11 PM
is that the program that's on GalleryHD?

Dude, your desert subjects are cool. If you ever decide to take on the rural south, look me up.

Finch Platte
11-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Way cool, Texas!

I guess now I understand you and can explain you in two words- you're nuts! :cornut:

Rock on, brutha. Hope someone somewhere exotic sees this and pays for your plane tickets.

fp

Troy
11-20-2007, 04:03 PM
is that the program that's on GalleryHD?

Dude, your desert subjects are cool. If you ever decide to take on the rural south, look me up.

Yes, Artland is on that channel in the US. I think it was already on at least once. You must one of the seven people that actually get it!

Jim, that shirt is one of the more subdued ones. Still, putting the fat guy in a white shirt, what a great idea . . .

BradH
11-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Nice!

Did he call you Toby at first?

3-LockBox
11-21-2007, 02:05 AM
Nice!

Did he call you Toby at first?

I thought that's what I heard, too.

You sound like a dead ringer for Paul Giamatti.

I can't talk about weight cuz I got a few biscuits on ya. But I'm working on it.

skewiff
11-21-2007, 06:13 AM
That really is very cool, Toby.

Tony

Dave_G
11-21-2007, 07:06 AM
Nice job, Troy.

Dave

Troy
11-21-2007, 08:29 AM
That was me calling him Toby because that was his name.

The Paul Giamatti thing really threw me for a loop.

I will never get used to seeing myself on video. I don't think I will make a habit of it, but this was a fun learning experience.

BarryL
11-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Good on you, Troy.

It was nice to hear you wax philosophically near the end. You'll have to carry a copy of your book with you so you can promote that too.

Keep up the great work.

Swish
11-25-2007, 05:04 PM
...can handle prog music. Very interesting indeed.

Nice interview Troy.

G Swish Baby