I love price match policies! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I love price match policies!

ForeverAutumn
11-20-2007, 10:02 AM
My old financial calculater finally bit the dust recently. I bought a new one last night at Staples and paid $62.99 for it. I remember paying about $50 for my old one so I thought that was reasonable.

They didn't have an exact replacement of mine. So I bought the next model by the same company and then went on-line when I got home to see whether my old model still existed. It doesn't.

However, while doing this little bit of research I discovered the same calculator that I had just purchased, at TigerDirect.ca, for only $32.99!

Staples has a price match policy. They’ll match any advertised price including on-line prices plus reduce that price by another 10% of the difference. Their policy is to reduce on-line prices on the total cost after shipping. So, I printed off the Tiger Direct price with shipping and went into Staples. They gave me the calculator for the pre-shipping price less the 10%. Instead of paying $62.54, I paid $30.03!

L.J.
11-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Ah yes, the price match. I was able to get an excellent deal on my 60" Sony that way. I purchased it from a small shop that offered a 5 year extended warranty for only $349 plus all around excellent customer service. They had the best price for the set at the time(including the extended warranty), but the set went on sale at CC 3 weeks later for $600 less than I paid. YES!!! I didn't even have to go down to the shop. A simple phone call took care of everything.

ForeverAutumn
11-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Ah yes, the price match. I was able to get an excellent deal on my 60" Sony that way. I purchased it from a small shop that offered a 5 year extended warranty for only $349 plus all around excellent customer service. They had the best price for the set at the time(including the extended warranty), but the set went on sale at CC 3 weeks later for $600 less than I paid. YES!!! I didn't even have to go down to the shop. A simple phone call took care of everything.

Nice!!! My purchase wasn't as big as yours, but if I'd had to order the calculator from Tiger Direct, after shipping it still would cost me $50. So the $30 price was doubly sweet.