Good Companies! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good Companies!

JohnMichael
11-19-2007, 12:32 PM
I like companies that give good customer service. A case in point is my email to Sanus. Four or five years ago I purchased a pair of Sanus Euro speaker stands. Using my current speakers I felt they were a little short. I was shopping for new stands when the idea came to me to email Sanus and see if they would sell just the center column for the next size up. They responded that they would gladly sell me taller columns at about 1/3 the price of new stands. This will save me money not having to buy new stands and I will not have to store or sell a pair of speaker stands. Thank you Sanus for being so helpful.

Any other companies that have gone above and beyond for you?

GMichael
11-19-2007, 12:39 PM
That's great John. I love happy endings.

I think you already know my story.
Bought a pair of speakers from AV123. After about 5 weeks, I blew the tweeters running test sine waves way too loud. I contacted them and told them my problem and said that I'd like to buy two replacement tweeters. They insisted on sending them to me free of charge. Made me smile.

basite
11-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Thiel,
Mcintosh,
Accuphase,

I'm sure there are more out there :)
Keep them spinning,
Bert.

nightflier
11-19-2007, 02:25 PM
While the big companies with the deep pockets will usually offer great service, I have to say that I appreciate it even more from the smaller shops. Most recently, I received excellent service / support from the following:

- Channel Islands
- Spectron
- Talon

Of note, I wanted some assistance with a pair of Von Schweikert VR-2's that I am auditioning and after 4 tries to get a response from them I've given up. Needless to say I decided not to keep the speakers.

traugh
11-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Bought my McIntosh XR5 speakers in 1977. In 1985 I noticed distortion in one and called the company. They helped me figure out it was the mid range and they sent me a complete replacement midrange for both speakers for free and I sent the bad ones back to them. Just had these speakers redone this past year. it was expensive but I figure it will be worth the next 30 years. The only other company that has done even decently well in service is Apple computer. It was probably the most trouble free replace/repairs that I have ever experienced.

hydroman
11-21-2007, 06:40 AM
H/K worked with me until i had a receiver that operated properly. They just kept sending shipping labels and sending me new/refurbished units until i was satisified... No guff - just good service.

GMichael
11-21-2007, 06:59 AM
H/K worked with me until i had a receiver that operated properly. They just kept sending shipping labels and sending me new/refurbished units until i was satisified... No guff - just good service.

There was (is) another member here who had trouble with an HK DVD player. They kept sending him replacements until they gave up and sent him the next model up as a replacement for free. I hate returning things, but that's a fine deal.

drseid
11-22-2007, 07:27 PM
I like companies that give good customer service. A case in point is my email to Sanus. Four or five years ago I purchased a pair of Sanus Euro speaker stands. Using my current speakers I felt they were a little short. I was shopping for new stands when the idea came to me to email Sanus and see if they would sell just the center column for the next size up. They responded that they would gladly sell me taller columns at about 1/3 the price of new stands. This will save me money not having to buy new stands and I will not have to store or sell a pair of speaker stands. Thank you Sanus for being so helpful.

Any other companies that have gone above and beyond for you?

Tyler Acoustics won me over not only with the sound from their speakers, but the personal service you get from the owner Ty Lashbrook. Not too many speaker designer/buiders will go out and have a beer with you... Ty will. He also goes out of his way to provide excellent customer service.

Also on the exceptional customer service front is Outlaw audio. I am not the biggest fan of their products (they are targeting a different type of customer than me), but I will be the first to say they provide absolutely top notch customer service in every way. They make you feel like you are buying some extremely high margin luxury items, even though they are a high volume value brand. Nice to know there are still some good companies like them out there...

---Dave